1.    #1  
    I apologize if its wrong to post this in two forums, but wasn't sure Marc if you checked others...

I set up my Chatter to check my Gmail (POP) and it only pulled down 20 messages, and they were not the last 20 messages, they were 20 from March '05... weird in that they were not even the earliest 20 in my Gmail inbox, they were from the middle of my inbox..

How do I set it up to pull the last 20?

I have tried it with IMAP (forwarded to emailtreo) and it worked fine, I just missed too many calls when the data was online - but I may have to go back that way, so can I have one POP account and one IMAP account? My other email acct is POP only...

MG
    This has to be a Gmail problem; Chatter always gets the "last" messages. Gmail, in my experience, has a very flaky POP3 implementation.

BTW, you don't need to use IMAP "online"; you can check on a schedule just as you would with Gmail via POP3. It's MUCH faster and more efficient to sync IMAP than POP3.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Marc!
    Hi Marc,
    I have encountered the same problem as jmgilliam.
    I'm trying out the trial Chatter+, but when the first synce occurs the mailbox pulls 20 e-mails but definitely not the most recent 20. (Instead I get some e-mails from May 2006).. could it be becuz it's the trial software and no ssl?

thanks!
    No, it's a Gmail weirdness... Make sure your settings are right on Gmail's webmail page.

Marc
    Marc,

You got it... I toggled the POP on and off on the GMail account settings. Only then did the GMail POP server seem to clean up it's act and starting sending the new msgs to the handheld.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    This has to be a Gmail problem; Chatter always gets the "last" messages. Gmail, in my experience, has a very flaky POP3 implementation.

BTW, you don't need to use IMAP "online"; you can check on a schedule just as you would with Gmail via POP3. It's MUCH faster and more efficient to sync IMAP than POP3.

Marc
    Marc,
    How would one go about checking on a schedule instead of using IMAP "online"? What are the steps for setting this up in Chatter? Please excuse me for being slow.
    "Edit Mailbox" -> "Deliver"

Check "Offline" and "QSync" and enter a time interval.

Marc
    Damn, that was a fast response!!! Thanks.