1.    #1  
    im sure some of you geniuses can figure out how to get music to transfer to our bluetooth headsets..i think this would be one of the best apps to date! please someone figure it outtt ..i know you can do it
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

It's a hardware issue, not software. It could be done in MONO via software, I'm sure, but what's the point?

And to be honest, I really don't see this as a huge need on my phone...I have a good headset for my music. A pair of bluetooth headphones would just be more junk to carry around...not sure I get the convenience factor. But that's just my opinion...everyone has their own needs to satisfy.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    its more of a 'look what i can do on MY phone' issue..but yeah..i agree
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    It's a hardware issue, not software. It could be done in MONO via software, I'm sure, but what's the point?

Ummm....no actually it is a software issue! Witness the AD2P bounty thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=63243

The BT stack on the Treo 650 lacks the AD2P profile (Advanced audio distribution profile) which can support stereo sound and a sufficient bit rate for CD quality music. The profile is standard part of the BT 1.2 spec, but unfortunately the 650 uses the BT 1.1 spec. There's been a bounty to entice a dev to create or port this profile to the 650 BT stack for a looong time, but mothing has ever materialized...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 02/18/2006 at 09:47 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    listen gauravbhai..i love your damn avatar
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

would a separate bluetooth audio transmitter integrated internally to the Treo using the internal battery be of interest to anyone?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    would a separate bluetooth audio transmitter integrated internally to the Treo using the internal battery be of interest to anyone?
    I would be very interested in any way wireless available. Hi quality is of very little interest to me.
    I only listen to audio books. It would be nice is to have it work like my stock treo headset, so I could listen to audio and a call would interupt and then after call is completed, would return to audio book.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ummm....no actually it is a hardware issue!
    Umm...isn't that what I said?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    sorry, typo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Is there room for that inside?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    No!! You said it was a Hardware Issue ;-)
    Just call me Berd.
    This is like a Monty Python sketch!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  13.    #13  
    why do we have to deal with buyin more stuff to listen to music! we spent enough on our treos..i want a free fix!
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

14. jagooch
    yeah, do you know how many Alias and Sopranos DVD's I could have bought instead of this phone? A2DP profile please!
    Quote Originally Posted by vipa1887
    why do we have to deal with buyin more stuff to listen to music! we spent enough on our treos..i want a free fix!
    Free?
    I think there's a thread on how much people spend on their Treo's. I know I've spent over $500
    on just sw
    Just call me Berd.

yes
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Free?
    I think there's a thread on how much people spend on their Treo's. I know I've spent over $500
    on just sw

I havent paid more than 90.

$40 for a 512sd card
    $50 for a charger

ive gotten everything else free.....even the Treo
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Is there room for that inside?
    There is plenty of room inside. I added a 3.5 mm jack, I am sure I can add bluetooth.

The problem is switching between speakerphone/headset/headphones. Adding bluetooth intrnally would take over the audio. If the Treo thinks something is plugged in, it will use it.

For those using bluetooth, can you use bluetooth with something plugged into the jack? I heard that you could on the early Spriint phones, but I could not get it to work. Same thing with the speakerphone.

For those looking for a free fix, I suggest going to engadgetmobile and entering the free phone contest... it's just not going to happen with the treo.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.