1.    #1  
    I downloaded their demo software, and it causes resets any time I try to look something up. Has anyone been successful using this program? Seems like a nice cheap option at 8.95 (epocrates takes up too much space)
    Have you uninstalled and reinstalled? What does ##377 tell you about the reset? I have used Tarascon (with most of it installed on the SD card) since I dumped ePocrates with no problems.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Tarascon had an issue with their program resetting the Treo 600. It took them a while to straighten it out but they fixed it (and extended my account by 6 months).

Now Tarascon is in the same boat with the 650, and there is no fix yet for it. I paid for a copy and have yet to be able to use it. :-) Stay in touch with their tech support and they will notify you when it's available, and they're good about crediting you for lost time.
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
    Quote Originally Posted by cphil674
    Tarascon had an issue with their program resetting the Treo 600. It took them a while to straighten it out but they fixed it (and extended my account by 6 months).

Now Tarascon is in the same boat with the 650, and there is no fix yet for it. I paid for a copy and have yet to be able to use it. :-) Stay in touch with their tech support and they will notify you when it's available, and they're good about crediting you for lost time.
    I have had no problems using Tarascon with my 650. I did experience the problem on my 600, but everything has been fine on the 650.
    Check with their tech support.
    Zane
    Just a quick followup to update the post.

Well, I had tried the Pharmacopoeia back in December. No go. I tried it again today. Instant crash whenever i tap on the screen.

I've read somewhere that if you choose Treo 600 as your device, the downloaded app should work. This is not true, at least on my unlocked GSM 650.

In the FAQ, it says that 650 users should contact tech support to have their accounts "upgraded." Aside from the silliness of having to call them for an upgrade instead of them upgrading their stupid site automagically, I've tried this move. Thing is, I *think* I already tried this in December, to no avail. We'll see.
    aside,

You might want to just load the 600 version anyway and see what happens. Did you get the online download or the CD?
    Of course I did that. Same thing. Both versions were downloads (trial version).
    Try mobilePDR. I keep all the datebases on my card.
    Thanks, but not good - at least for me.

Besides forcing me to lie outrageously about my education (it only allows doctors trained in the US to register), it only comes in Windows installer form - I have a Mac.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I use it on my vzw 650 and have no probs. even got the 650 version or what ever they siad I should get. nice program
    try this one. I had problems after the initial synch and then everytime I hot synch. Here is the thread I sarted and the reply from their tech support:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=tarascon
    The problem we're experiencing is different. The app consistently crashes the 650 whenever one touches the screen. It has nothing to do with Hotsync.

BTW, it's a very well-known problem. It's explicitly mentioned in their website's FAQ, and they say the fix is to ask Tech Support to "upgrade" your account. I emailed them the other day, we'll see if they make good.
    I have been using the Tarascon on both my Cingular 600 and 650 for almost 2 years without a glitch. I have never had a reset and Hotsyncs w/o a problem. I just wish 5-way nav was easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by rieswr
    Try mobilePDR. I keep all the datebases on my card.
    I've installed it using a Windows PC I found around. It's a bit slow, but very informative. The website also says something like:

"Look for: ... - Medical calculators featuring drug dosing, creatinine clearance and conversions ..."

Do they mean calculators are available right now? If so, does anyone know where to get them?