Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Snapper is pretty good. Like I've said multiple times, it's inferior in almost every to Chatter(except for the 'finger navigation' mode which makes everything easier to hit with your finger, which I don't use because I prefer the 5-way). It's good enough though, that I keep it on my SD card just in case.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Obviously, I'd be interested in understanding what happened, since your experience is unusual to say the least... If you're ever interested in tracking down what's happening, I'm happy to help.

Marc
    aznmode,

Do you have Disable Chatter While Roaming?
    I realized that the CANCELLING my internet connection (on Cingular) was puzzling but was CAUSED because I would sometimes be on AT&T or on CINGULAR towers here at home... since I've deselected this option... THE CONNECTION never abruptly ends anymore (well.. lol, nothing chatter is to be blamed for, cingular's lack of network integration...)

I WANT to lean toward snapper... my bro uses it and it's a beaut... but WITH the 30 day trial... I am using it with all of my accounts, etc...

I am enjoying chatter... tho UI took some getting used to... words, commands, etc...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Hi Marc,

I certainly do appreciate the concern and am willing to try it one more time. Would disabling Chatter while roaming cause an issue? I have my phone set to not allow roaming and I do get 4 bars at home so I don't think that is the issue but I will enable it just incase.

These are the issues I encountered:
    setting: new email to save on card
    1. Emails from 1 or 2 years ago show up as new email (I can forward these to you if you want to see them).
    2. When Chatter freezes (or my phone) while downloading emails, it will lose track of what emails I have downloaded already. Chatter will try to recover but only recovers about 20 emails and the rest blank but I can still tap on it and it will show the email content but does not show anything in the main interface. So the only solution is to delete the account and start all over. The 2nd time this happened most were recovered but were in delete mode (light grey) color. I didn't have time to to go to each one and untag them. So again to fix I had to delete the account and start over.

I will reinstall the program again and download all my emails. I have rougly 1900 emails. I'll set Chatter to save new messages to card.
    Hi. Is this POP3 or IMAP? And what version of Chatter are/were you using? I am recommending the beta at this point (it's nearing release).

Marc
    Hi Marc,
    This is full version 1.1.4.3p. Don't think this is the same version I had a week ago. Using POP3. I'm downloading now and so far it hasnt crashed. I can tell however that certain emails are showing up as new even though they're more than a year old.
    You should get the beta (you can upgrade from within ChatterEmail with menu-Z.

I don't know what you mean by "new" vs. "old"; Chatter loads the most recent N messages, where N is a number you set.

Marc
    I downloaded the beta and still doing some testing. What I meant by old are emails I've received already but chatter thinks they were sent recently. An example I have is an e-card confirmation I received on 10/05/05 but chatter dated it Mar 02 2006. If I go online to check, yahoo mail does not have that email in my inbox on Mar.02 but is on 10.05.05
    Also when I try to download "more" of a particular email it tries to recover all new emails and then it will try to get 'more' of that email. On snapper If I want to fetch more of a particular email it only gets that email and does not try to sync all new unreceived email.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    What commands are available in chatter?

What other features does the beta offer?
    In general, it's VERY wasteful not to sync when you are connecting for another reason. There is such enormous overhead to sync'ing POP (it's about 10x slower than IMAP for large mailboxes) that it just makes sense to do what you can having already "spent" the overhead.

Marc
    Not sure what you mean about "what commands"? Can you be more specific about what info you'd like?

Marc
    I might as well as a question:

Well I finally have Chatter how I want it, lol.
    AND it caused me to CLEAN-up my POP accounts (in folder with TOO many old emails, etc...)

But I was puzzled by something:
    I see where in my EDIT MAILBOX/Delivery I've typed in 10 messages.
    BUT one one very spammy/messy account. It started with 10, then on the next sync 20, and then on the next 180... (I waited I wanted to see what this program could handle)...

Why was Chatter doing this when I thought I was only requesting to retrieve 10 emails at a time?

BTW, never crashed, I had it only to download 10 lines each... NICE... not exactly fast (relatively speaking)... but NICE that it was able to handle this...

VERSAMAIL would have died and I would have HATED the long painful wait... lol

TIA
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Hey Marc - when I go to DL the beta as you described above it's asking for a username and password. I entered my username and password for your site and it didn't take. Any idea?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Hey Marc - when I go to DL the beta as you described above it's asking for a username and password. I entered my username and password for your site and it didn't take. Any idea?
    Weird. On like my fifth try it didn't ask for anything and I DL'ed the beta no problem.

Marc - you are awesome. Thank you so much for integrating my suggestion into the beta. Now I can fully navigate through Chatter with just the 5-way!

Hi Marc,
    Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I don't think Chatter is quite for me yet. Not being able to get "more" of a particular email without syncing new emails is an issue for me. I'm the type who maybe only sync 3x a week. So I normally have 10-20 unsynced emails each time. I'm also acustomed to progress bar instead of percentage or numbers when syncing. Which to me is a lot easier on the eyes specially when I'm on the road. Again these are just my preference and I'm not saying your product is bad at all. Just isn't for me. Thanks again for all your help.
    Funny, most people DESPISE progress bars! That being said, I'd be the first to admit that there's no product that's for everyone.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Hi Marc,
    Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I don't think Chatter is quite for me yet. Not being able to get "more" of a particular email without syncing new emails is an issue for me. I'm the type who maybe only sync 3x a week. So I normally have 10-20 unsynced emails each time. I'm also acustomed to progress bar instead of percentage or numbers when syncing. Which to me is a lot easier on the eyes specially when I'm on the road. Again these are just my preference and I'm not saying your product is bad at all. Just isn't for me. Thanks again for all your help.

At first I didn't like the "more" thing either but I believe it was designed that way to cut down on data transfer time. Of course with EVDO that wouldn't be a problem anymore and maybe Marc will change it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast