Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I could probably do a bunch of different searches and come up with all of this, but I am tired and I know that people here could answer all of these very quickly/easily.

First off, Chatter/emailtreo.net problem: my treo resets each time I try to sign up for the free account. I fill in all info in the form and hit ok and it errors saying "could not connect..." (even though I have four bars on Cingular and can check email fine just before doing this) and then resets. Done it twice in a row now... thoughts?

Second, emailtreo/IMAP question: I will want to forward two Pop3 accounts to emailtreo (work and personal). If I want to really keep them separate (I use Apple Mail for personal and Entourage for business--no choice-- so I will be accessing each completely separately on my laptop) will I need two emailtreo accounts? I do not want to see the personal stuff on Entourage (and vice versa for work/Mail), otherwise I could filter work to one folder and personal to another and then do subfolders from there, but that's not going to work because I'd still see the personal stuff when looking at the work side, right?

I think I had a couple of other quesitons, but I forget now...
    Treo 755P
    I've never heard of a reset issue signing up for the account; if you send me email (to support@chatteremail.com) with the name @emailtreo.com that you want, I'll set it up for you.

And no, you won't need two accounts; you can have emailtreo.com filter your messages by the "to" address and have each of the POP accounts' mail go to a different folder. Then, you'd create a Mailbox in Chatter for each of those folders.

Marc
    I just asked another chatter question, but found this forum. I just signed up for an emailtreo.com trial. I'd like to do what you mentioned above-filter messages by the "to" address. I'm winging it now, and appear to have set up a folder for my Yahoo, but after quick syncing it, nothing appears in the folder/inbox. Not sure what to do, thanks.
    If the message isn't in your Inbox at emailtreo.com, then you need to use "New Mailbox" on the Treo to create a mailbox to mirror the foder that it IS in.

Marc
    Ok, what do I put as "Complete Server Folder Name"? Is that "Yahoo", or is that an address like: smtp.mail.yahoo.com? I think that is what I'm screwing up.
    In addition, do I change that SMTP Profile for the "New Mailbox", or leave the server as "imap.everyone.net" (if I change it-do I make it the yahoo server?)
    You shouldn't have to enter any name manually; you should tap the popup arrow and the options should appear. Did you create a folder on the server? If you did, and it's not appearing, tap the "Reload Folder List" button in "Edit Mailbox" and wait for the list to reload, then try again.

Marc
    I guess that is the key problem i'm having-how do I create a new folder on the server? It'd be for a Yahoo account.
    Ah, this is an IMAP-only feature (and yet another reason to avoid POP3 servers).

Marc
    Ah, now it makes sense. So, Emailtreo has no use with Treo?
    I don't know what you mean about emailtreo; I use it for all of my mail on the Treo... ??

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwalton
    First off, Chatter/emailtreo.net problem: my treo resets each time I try to sign up for the free account. I fill in all info in the form and hit ok and it errors saying "could not connect..." (even though I have four bars on Cingular and can check email fine just before doing this) and then resets. Done it twice in a row now... thoughts?
    I also have a similar problem. I could never get confirmation of the account. If you were able to complete the transaction, I'd be interested in knowing what was originally causing the problem.
    If any of you send me an email (to support@chatteremail.com), I can make the emailtreo.com accounts for you. Do either of you use Chatter with MatrixSSL?

Marc
    Oops, above I meant "Email treo with Yahoo"... Sorry, typed on the go.

Also: I just switched jobs, and my email address is firstname.lastname@companyname.com. Verizon hosts it. When setting up Chatter, how do I configure it? What's the POP3 Server? Login name is firstname.lastname. Password is my password. When I go to "edit SMTP Profile", what's my Server? I tried the "incoming.verizon.net" and "Outgoing.verizon.net", to no avail. Please advise. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianarodgers
    Oops, above I meant "Email treo with Yahoo"... Sorry, typed on the go.

Also: I just switched jobs, and my email address is firstname.lastname@companyname.com. Verizon hosts it. When setting up Chatter, how do I configure it? What's the POP3 Server? Login name is firstname.lastname. Password is my password. When I go to "edit SMTP Profile", what's my Server? I tried the "incoming.verizon.net" and "Outgoing.verizon.net", to no avail. Please advise. Thanks.
    Don't you have some IT people to help you out with this or something?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I discovered that the Emailtreo setup procedure will reset the phone and fail unless it is first set to "always on" or whatever the phraseology is.
    In the current version (1.1.5.1)? Ugh.

Marc