Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A great value and a quality product(I've been using their 1gb for 6 months)

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...4914&pfp=srch1
    It doesn't give read-write speeds, so it's hard to compare to other models and values.

By comparison, I found a 150x card on Newegg.come for $113.
    What is PNY's quality compared to say Lexar or SanDisk?
    I'd like to hear the answer to that question, too.

FYI, here is the link to Newegg.com and their SD cards (as comparison to CompUSA):http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubmit=Property
    I purchased this 2G card today from CompUSA, and so far it is working great on my 650. No issues with speed or set up.

B
    Curious -- What kind of performance are u guys getting with VfsMark on these cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose
    Curious -- What kind of performance are u guys getting with VfsMark on these cards?
    I'd love to know this as well, and if someone with a AData 150x could provide their input for comparison purposes...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Thr ridata for 99 bux looks like a nice card. Anyone been using this card? How's Ridatas reputation?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    We've been using a 128 MB PNY card in our digital camera for a couple of years now with no problems. I also use it in a portable reader as a spare thumb drive from time to time and its always worked well.

Thanks for posting the link to this deal. I just went ahead and ordered one to pick up tomorrow. Can't beat the price.
    Ecost has a 2GB lexar 40x SD card for $98.00
    im using the 1GB version and it works great

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail~dpno~665789.asp
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I can't post speed comparisons since I haven't bothered to test them, but I have a 1 GB PNY and a 1 GB SanDisk, and they're pretty much equivalent as far as I can tell just "eyeing" the speeds. Both have been very reliable in my 650 over about a year. In fact, the SanDisk fails to read every once in a while in my digital camera, but the PNY has never done so.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    From what I've read, Treo owners should avoid RiData like the plague. Methinks I'll have a PNY 2gb sd sometime this morning.
    Edit: When I copied my 900MB of data from the 1GB Lexar, it felt slower with the 2GB. So I formatted and did some tests:

Copying 900MB to newly formatted card:
    1GB Lexar - 5.5 mins
    2GB PNY - 15.5 mins

What a waste, even though it benchmarks faster. Back it goes. I just searched for the AData 150x card from newegg and for $5 more I can get more than double the speed.

Here's a comparison of my old Lexar 1GB and the PNY 2GB. Note, however, that my card reader refused to recognize the 2GB card, even though it works fine in the Treo.

Lexar 1GB
    VFSMark Results

File Create: 256%
    File Delete: 221%
    File Write: 40%
    File Read: 437%
    File Seek: 368%
    DB Export: 181%
    DB Import: 229%
    Record Access: 565%
    Resource Access: 556%

VFSMark: 317

PNY 2GB
    VFSMark Results

File Create: 426%
    File Delete: 338%
    File Write: 188%
    File Read: 429%
    File Seek: 421%
    DB Export: 282%
    DB Import: 213%
    Record Access: 482%
    Resource Access: 451%

VFSMark: 358
    Last edited by skfny; 01/04/2006 at 11:42 AM.
    So I returned the card to CompUSA and found this:

150x 2GB A-Data for $95 shipped after a $20 rebate
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...tCode=82502-14

Can't wait.
    I got my PNY card this morning from CompUSA..."ordered" it online last night and picked it up at the local store this morning. Despite the warning about the in-store price possibly being different than the online, it was the same. Now just have to send in the rebate form for the $30 back.

FYI, for those who haven't looked, this promotion is only through Saturday (1/7).

Did a quick test, and it took just under 15 minutes to transfer a full 2GB. May not be lightening fast, but I'm happy, and so far, no problems using it in my Treo.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I've been using a Ridata 1GB (I think 120X) in my Treo now for about 3-4mos. with no problems.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyPro
    I got my PNY card this morning from CompUSA..."ordered" it online last night and picked it up at the local store this morning. Despite the warning about the in-store price possibly being different than the online, it was the same. Now just have to send in the rebate form for the $30 back.

FYI, for those who haven't looked, this promotion is only through Saturday (1/7).

Did a quick test, and it took just under 15 minutes to transfer a full 2GB. May not be lightening fast, but I'm happy, and so far, no problems using it in my Treo.
    Did you have to format it in a card reader first or did it work out-of-the-box?
    Do you use Ptunes? If so, is there any "crackling" sound as described by Normsoft if you use slower cards?

Thanx
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Did you have to format it in a card reader first or did it work out-of-the-box?
    Do you use Ptunes? If so, is there any "crackling" sound as described by Normsoft if you use slower cards?

Thanx
    Worked right out of the box.

I honestly haven't tried any music on it...I have a Dell DJ, so I don't use the Treo for music much.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyPro
    Worked right out of the box.

I honestly haven't tried any music on it...I have a Dell DJ, so I don't use the Treo for music much.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Saw this and thot peeps might benefit:

1 GB 50X A-Data SD Card $39 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211309

2 GB 120X RiData SD Card $89
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820183006

1 GB 150X from $52
    2 GB 150X from $94
    4 GB 150X from $187

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ice=&maxPrice=
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast