Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    tibitin thanks for the info.

Are you sure the 8 gb sd card you mention from Newegg actally works for the Treo 700WX?
    lghitis, the 8GB card I mentioned is SDHC, which is not compliant with the 700WX. However, if you read the forum, you will find the drivers to make it work I believe. My Treo 650 handles that card just fine after I used the updated drivers.
    well, I could not find those drivers to make the 8gb card work. Could you point to me where I can find them? In any case, is it difficult to install those drivers or can they mess up anything else ?
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
    well, I could not find those drivers to make the 8gb card work. Could you point to me where I can find them? In any case, is it difficult to install those drivers or can they mess up anything else ?

Here ya go, I think this is what you need: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...55&postcount=8
    Quote Originally Posted by tibitin View Post
    lghitis, the 8GB card I mentioned is SDHC, which is not compliant with the 700WX. However, if you read the forum, you will find the drivers to make it work I believe. My Treo 650 handles that card just fine after I used the updated drivers.
    A dumb question (maybe): Do all your old cards still work when you've made the changes to your 650 for SDHC? Is there a list of good and bad SDHC cards for the 650?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi, I have been using a treo 650 for over a year and a half, obviously it has some scratches, which I don't like, can someone tel me where can i get a outer case from the phone it self?, i have already a body glove and lether case, so i just need the case for the phone itself, preferable black, i will really appreciate some help on this since a love my treo.

cristv77
    anyone order the 8gb class 4? is it fast enough? i have class 2 which is too slowww.
    Reckon this is a pretty sweel deal?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820163159
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    This is TERRIBLE. (I just spent much more than that at Fry's for precisely the same thing).

EDIT: I'd like to graduate to 8GB rather than have a fistful of 4GB cards. It's a funny thing. My 4GB card has about 600MB left open, after music, installing programs, and backup files. I can't even fit my music on my 4GB Nano. That's why I figure an 8GB card would be good.
    Last edited by Tastypeppers; 02/26/2007 at 06:43 PM.
    I just got the A-Data 8gb card at Newegg for $50.99 + $5 shipping...
    On another thread I was warned that 8GB cards work on the 700p but not the 700wx.
    I picked this up on eBay for $26 w/ an extra usb device that allows you to use the card as a usb storage device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    On another thread I was warned that 8GB cards work on the 700p but not the 700wx.
    I have a 680... were we only talking about the 700wx?

Quote Originally Posted by Delirious View Post
    I picked this up on eBay for $26 w/ an extra usb device that allows you to use the card as a usb storage device.
    Ummm...you picked up what???
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I have a 680... were we only talking about the 700wx?

Ummm...you picked up what???

The 4gb card with a free extra that lets you use it as a usb storage device.
    What is this Ebay thing of which you speak? Verily, it sounds like a trove of exotic treasures.
    Transcend 1GB NewEgg $6.99.
    I'm looking to get a 2-4gb card for my 650. I was just wondering, how important is the speed of the sd card? I've seen that there these days they are usually at 60x or 150x. In a previous post, someone wrote:

"Remember you *really need* to get an accelerated card, at least 45x, or it will be very slow. The Treo is limited to around 45x, but a standard un-accelerated card will be very slow to read/write from, and might even have mp3/movie read time issues."

So does this mean that any card with speed above 45x would be superfluous for a 650? Or will the extra investment in a 150x card be worth it? Thanks a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by inorv9 View Post
    I'm looking to get a 2-4gb card for my 650. I was just wondering, how important is the speed of the sd card? I've seen that there these days they are usually at 60x or 150x. In a previous post, someone wrote:

"Remember you *really need* to get an accelerated card, at least 45x, or it will be very slow. The Treo is limited to around 45x, but a standard un-accelerated card will be very slow to read/write from, and might even have mp3/movie read time issues."

So does this mean that any card with speed above 45x would be superfluous for a 650? Or will the extra investment in a 150x card be worth it? Thanks a bunch.
    I would love to see an answer to this as well. I'm a newb to the card market and would really like to have a 2-4gb "fast" card as well.

AC