1.    #1  
    I like Chatter better than any other mail program. I like push (GMail via Everyone.net) but I also like the way Versa and Snapper will go check my mail (POP) then disconnect when done...

Can I set my POP mail to be done like this in Chatter instead of having the data connection on but idle all the time?

MG
    Yes. Check "Disconnect if All Mailboxes Offline" in the Connection prefs.

Marc

p.s. There's no real harm keeping the data connection open...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Yes. Check "Disconnect if All Mailboxes Offline" in the Connection prefs.

Marc

p.s. There's no real harm keeping the data connection open...

So, if I use pop I can select this and after it checks my mail it will disconnect from data? If so, cool, that'll be the deal breaker !

The only reason I don't like data open is that every few minutes it goes "live" and calls go to voicemail... it seems like every 10 minutes or so...

Thanks - MG
    Nothing Chatter does should make it go "live" every few minutes... But yes, that's the way it works.

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Nothing Chatter does should make it go "live" every few minutes... But yes, that's the way it works.

Marc
    Well everytime the data connection is open - my green light goes solid every 10 minutes or so - does that happen when in IMAP mode... I thought you responded to a question I had about IMAP that it was normal to do that... Please clarify...
    Sorry, I thought you were talking about POP3. With IMAP, if you're using push, then yes, you'll get activity every 8-10 minutes at the least. But you can't use push and disconnect the data connection, right?

Marc
  7.    #7  
    Sorry, I thought you were talking about POP3. With IMAP, if you're using push, then yes, you'll get activity every 8-10 minutes at the least. But you can't use push and disconnect the data connection, right?

Marc
    Yes Marc, sorry I was bouncing back and forth. I was talking about POP. BUT my comment regarding your prior posts was regarding IMAP.... Follow ? LOL

So, to finish this, if I use POP, there is no reason the open data connection will go "live"... thanks.

MG
    Right.