1.    #1  
    The other MP3 player applications that I have tried do not have this problem. I would prefer to use Real Player because I rarely play music and it's free. Is there a way to fix this?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I don't have an answer for you except that you should get tcpmp. It's free, too.
    tcpmp doesn't do playlists, that's not a reasonable suggestion..

Besides, Real Player works fine. Not great, but fine. Most likely something is running in the background that's either using events or hogging events. I bet if you run PalmInternals you'll have a very long testing time. Might need to search for pointers, but basically anything over 100s is likely to cause event problems with stuff like games, media players, etc..
    Knee Dragger - this is exactly why I ended up putting down the $30 to get PTunes... it completely takes care of this problem, and your music sounds great. I don't listen to tunes very much either, but, when I do, I want it to sound good... Realplayer was so maddening, this expense was worth every penny!
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    tcpmp doesn't do playlists, that's not a reasonable suggestion..
    Why isn't that a reasonable suggestion? Just because it doesn't have playlists available doesn't mean it's a crazy idea to use it for music. Lots of people here use TCPMP for their music.

I use Ptunes Deluxe and I don't use playlists very often.
    I use pTunes Deluxe as well and I NEVER use playlists...

Knee Dragger - since you rarely listen to music, TCPMP is indeed a reasonable suggestion. And if playlists are important to you, when you select 'open files' in TCPMP, just select the songs you want to listen to and off you go
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I have pocket tunes and it cuts out for a second when Sprint BizCon is receiving a message in the background.
    So you all seriously select every song you want to listen to every time you play music? I'm not sure I believe that, really.. But oh well. Why would you lie about something so silly..

Menu, right-right, in, down to playlist, in, in, playing.. I can do that anywhere, including the car. Selecting songs to play? Crazy.
    No, I just select the album or artist I want to listen to. Sometimes I just select all and use shuffle. It's not complicated at all and takes less than 5 seconds.
    Yeah, we're lying about the way we select our music

When I listen to music with pTunes(the ONLY way I listen to music with my Treo, actually), I as well just select the album or artist I wish to listen to, and away I go. However, if Knee Dragger doesn't listen to music often, I don't see how spending 10 seconds to select 20 songs with TCPMP is much of an issue.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?