1.    #1  
    I've been demoing both Chatter and Snappermail lately, and I'm definitely leaning towards Chatter so far. There were just a few things I was wondering about. First off, how is Chatter "true push" if it requires a data connection? And how is it that even though I'm 'always on', I'm still able to receive calls? I guess a call will only go to voicemail if Chatter's actively sending or receiving an email? So does that mean that the data connection is just barely connected or something? I suppose that would explain why my battery loss has been so marginal.

Also Marc(if you read this), I was wondering if you might be able to tell me how I should configure Chatter so that I can receive mail from my Seinfeld-fan.net email account? I sent them a message asking, but they never got back to me. They apparently support IMAP, but I'm not sure as to whether or not they support IDLE.

Anway, I'm really digging the app so far, and like it's UI even more than Snapper's. It just seems more intuitive. Thanks for any replies to this

Well, sorry for all the questions. I'm just really curious.
  2.    #2  
    By the way Marc, I have a suggestion as to how my Chatter experience could be improved...:

You know when you're reading an email, and you have the 'next message', 'previous message' buttons etc etc at the bottom of the screen? Well, sometimes I want to hit 'OK' or whatever, but in order to do so I either have to scroll all the way down through the convo, or take the stylus out, or touch the buttons with my often very dirty hands(I'm and aircraft maintenance tech). I wish there was a way to go straight down there with the 5-way. Maybe you could set it up so that whenever you're at the top of the message, and the top-most link is selected, a left press on the 5-way would take you to OK. Just an Idea. I suppose It DOES scroll to the bottom of the message pretty quickly.
  3.    #3  
    Another question, Marc: Fastmail or emailtreo.com?
    Usurp
  5.    #5  
    Huh?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    By the way Marc, I have a suggestion as to how my Chatter experience could be improved...:

You know when you're reading an email, and you have the 'next message', 'previous message' buttons etc etc at the bottom of the screen? Well, sometimes I want to hit 'OK' or whatever, but in order to do so I either have to scroll all the way down through the convo, or take the stylus out, or touch the buttons with my often very dirty hands(I'm and aircraft maintenance tech). I wish there was a way to go straight down there with the 5-way. Maybe you could set it up so that whenever you're at the top of the message, and the top-most link is selected, a left press on the 5-way would take you to OK. Just an Idea. I suppose It DOES scroll to the bottom of the message pretty quickly.
    Hitting the spacebar will take you to the 'OK' button.
  7.    #7  
    Awesome thanks
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Yes, calls go to voicemail only when data is being actively transferred; keeping the data connection up really doesn't matter. And it's really push because the server tells Chatter when there's new mail (if your server supports push), rather than Chatter having to poll for new mail.

Re: fastmail vs. emailtreo.com; I recommend emailtreo.com.

Marc
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Marc. I understand now. I'm really impressed with how marginal the battery drain is even though I'm always on. I can barely notice a difference, and even then it's probably because I'm looking for it. There might not even BE a difference, and maybe I'm just imagining it.

I had already set up a Fastmail account, but maybe I'll switch...

I must say, Chatter is a really amazing app. I don't see why there are so many people who prefer Snapper(although that's way better than Versamail). Thank you!
    People tend to prefer what they're used to, but there are MANY long-time Snapper users who have switched over to Chatter.

Marc
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, I suppose. I can't believe I let Andrew over at Treonauts push Snapper on me in the first place:P
  12.    #12  
    Hey Marc, in regards to my previous idea to improve Chatter, I've decided I still think it'd be a good idea. Sure, I can just press the space bar to be taken to the 'OK' button, but that activates the keyboard backlight. And as a user of KB Lights, I'd just prefer to not have that baklight come on because I need to get to the 'OK' button.

When I'm scrolled all the way up in an email, and the upper-most link is selected, pressing left of the 5-way doesn't do ANYTHING. I think it'd be great if that would take me to the 'OK' buttong instead of -and maybe additionally to- the space bar.