Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For all of us that have been curious about this topic. Nonobeez we would like to hear from you as well.

I think this would be the best way for all of us to hear the + and - of this upgrade, who likes it and who doesn't.

I want to do the upgrade, but have not yet decided on it 100%

Nonobeez, we would also like to hear from you as to why you think this upgrade is worth it.

This post is not to flame you, but rather to educate us all.
    thanks
    I did the upgrade (I think I was the first after nobeez) and found it totally worth it. I'm talking about the one where you add the jack to the antenna

Tynan
    www.betterthanyourboyfriend.com
    i think it's a fantastic idea ...

well done nonobeez .... totally awesome...

i would pay someone (a reasonable amount) to get this done..... ie take it to a phone shop or something ..... but would not be to keen to pull my treo apart myself and do it ....

just my thoughts on it
  4.    #4  
    Anyone work out with their new antenna? How does it work on a daily basis? What was turn around time like?
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    i think it's a fantastic idea ...

well done nonobeez .... totally awesome...

i would pay someone (a reasonable amount) to get this done..... ie take it to a phone shop or something ..... but would not be to keen to pull my treo apart myself and do it ....

just my thoughts on it
    Same here. If there was a very fast turnaround (1 day), I'd love to get this done for a reasonable price.
    Hello All,

I can turn phones around in a couple of hours if I have an antenna ready. Due to US Post Office limitations probably the best I can due is 48 hours overnighting each way.

I also perform the fix to the existing jack to permanetly cure the ghost jack problem.

I charge $100 plus shipping. The people that have had it done have been very happy!!! One sent me his Treo 600 (ebay), another took a day off work to wait for it (MTDN). One customer from TC just had the ghost jack fix done for $50 and was very happy.

Cornrow, How hard/easy did you find the upgrade? I think you are local right (NorCal)? I remembered you emailed me for help.

I could never imagine going back to the ****zy 2.5 mm jack.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    What effect, if any, is there in the signal strength for GSM phones?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What effect, if any, is there in the signal strength for GSM phones?
    If performed right, it has no effect on antenna. The antenna is hollow. This mod even allows you to use stereo headphones on a phone call using the built in mic. It does disable the use of the special 2-in-1 headsets, but who cares.

I actually have a modified antenna element in my phone... seems to work better than the original antenna for GSM, at least in my area. I have not got around to do before and after testing.
    Have you made any progress with the 1900MHz-specific antenna mentioned on your site?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Have you made any progress with the 1900MHz-specific antenna mentioned on your site?

No progress. I actually have access to a "test center" but need more info for putting the Treo in test mode.

I plan on preparing 3-4 antennas and swapping them out and comparing them. I guess I could use a spare CDMA phone I have along with Shadowmite's program for testing signal strength. I will get around to doing it one of these days. I have no signal issues, so I am not in a big rush.

Another drawback on the antenna jack mod is that you can't swap antennas as easy. No big deal, just don't break your antenna...
  11.    #11  
    So say, I break my antenna, before or after the mod. Can u replace the antenna?
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    If performed right, it has no effect on antenna. The antenna is hollow. This mod even allows you to use stereo headphones on a phone call using the built in mic. It does disable the use of the special 2-in-1 headsets, but who cares.

I actually have a modified antenna element in my phone... seems to work better than the original antenna for GSM, at least in my area. I have not got around to do before and after testing.
    This Modified Antenna U talk about, Is that to improve Reception?
    About where in N.Cal are U?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    So say, I break my antenna, before or after the mod. Can u replace the antenna?

Sure, I can replace it. I would probably charge $40 but you would have to send the phone and a new antenna.

Sound reasonable?
    Nonobeez fixed my ghost jack issue as well as installed the audio jack in the antenna, works like a charm! thanks alot nonobeez!
    Hello All,

I can turn phones around in a couple of hours if I have an antenna ready. Due to US Post Office limitations probably the best I can due is 48 hours overnighting each way.

I also perform the fix to the existing jack to permanetly cure the ghost jack problem.

I charge $100 plus shipping. The people that have had it done have been very happy!!! One sent me his Treo 600 (ebay), another took a day off work to wait for it (MTDN). One customer from TC just had the ghost jack fix done for $50 and was very happy.

Cornrow, How hard/easy did you find the upgrade? I think you are local right (NorCal)? I remembered you emailed me for help.

I could never imagine going back to the ****zy 2.5 mm jack.
    So you can do 600s as well? Is the technique the same as on the 650? I couldn't find anything regarding the 600 on your site so just curious.

Great work man.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneyshah
    Nonobeez fixed my ghost jack issue as well as installed the audio jack in the antenna, works like a charm! thanks alot nonobeez!

Your welcome! how do you like the location as opposed to the original? do you use your stereo headphones on phone calls? Listen to music alot?

Thanks for posting!
    ...Clip...I actually have a modified antenna element in my phone... seems to work better than the original antenna for GSM, at least in my area. I have not got around to do before and after testing.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    So you can do 600s as well? Is the technique the same as on the 650? I couldn't find anything regarding the 600 on your site so just curious.

Great work man.
    ninodelsol

Sorry for not being clear but the customer was happy with the work I did on his 650, he gave me his 600. Phone is dead but looks like new. A good parts phone I guess.

I have not done a 600 but I am getting one soon. I will let you know how it goes. I know the 600 has 2 mechanical switches in the jack, so I might need a different 3.5 mm jack to make it work. The customer accepts the fact that I might take a couple of extra days to make sure I get it fixed right.

Nino, I might be able to fix your phone on-site.... J/K
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Yes, better reception but I have nothing to offer at this point in time. I am in Bay Point, by Concord, CA
    ninodelsol

Sorry for not being clear but the customer was happy with the work I did on his 650, he gave me his 600. Phone is dead but looks like new. A good parts phone I guess.

I have not done a 600 but I am getting one soon. I will let you know how it goes. I know the 600 has 2 mechanical switches in the jack, so I might need a different 3.5 mm jack to make it work. The customer accepts the fact that I might take a couple of extra days to make sure I get it fixed right.

Nino, I might be able to fix your phone on-site.... J/K
    Hehe, thanks for the response and clarification. If it works on a 600 I might go for it since I keep it in my pocket and listen to music so much. The jack on the bottom drives me crazy. I'll keep on the lookout for updates.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast