Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Armydude, I think you're hiting a pop up blocker. When you click on a link and nothing happens or you end up on the same page, it's sometimes a popup blocker that's stopping the window that's opening. Anytime you get this behavior, hold down the control key and click on the link. This will bypass your blocker in most cases.
  2.    #62  
    I'll look into this...

Quote Originally Posted by chamilton View Post
    I downloaded and installed the Cingular Treo 650 CD from http://www.kcdaf.com/treo/ but every time I try to run the installer I get the following error.

"Error 1316: A network error occurred while trying to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\palmOne.msi"

When I click on OK it rolls back the installation.

I tried copying the palmOne.msi file to c:\windows\installer and reran the installation. Then I got a different error...

"Internal Error 2356. Data1.cab."

I click on OK (the only option again) and it rolls back the installation.

I am an administrator on the box so it should not be a permissions problem.

Do I have to burn this to a CD for it to work? I'm running the autoinstaller from the directory I unzipped the file to. Is it possible the Cingular version is corrupted?

All I really need is the photo/media conduit from the cd. Is there another way to get it?
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  3.    #63  
    chamilton, I have downloaded and [began] installation of the Cingular CD w/o problems. I didn't install it completely since I don't have a Cingular phone, but it began the installation okay. What did you use to extract the .zip?
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    where is sprint 700p cd?
  5.    #65  
    igo, working on that now
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
  6.    #66  
    verizon 650 and sprint 700p cd's added
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Much apppreciated!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle View Post
    chamilton, I have downloaded and [began] installation of the Cingular CD w/o problems. I didn't install it completely since I don't have a Cingular phone, but it began the installation okay. What did you use to extract the .zip?
    Theleetbeagle,

I used the windows XP builtin unzip. Right clicked on the file name and selected "extract all..." . Then I ran the autorun.exe executable. It gets part of the way through the installation. I know it passes the "I agree" to the license terms message box, then a minute or two later it comes up with that crazy error and rolls back.

Do I need to uninistall the generic palm destktop software that I installed by downloading PalmDesktopWin414e from palmone.com? I installed that a few weeks ago to get hotsync manager running but that version doesn't include the photo conduit which is what I really need.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    chamilton... I believe you do have to uninstall the generic Palm Desktop. I ran into that same issue a few months back...
    Quote Originally Posted by azieba View Post
    chamilton... I believe you do have to uninstall the generic Palm Desktop. I ran into that same issue a few months back...
    azieba,

I got the same error trying to uninstall the generic palmone software - "network error, unable to read from c:\windows\install\palmone.msi". The uninstall rolled back and I still can't install the Cingular version with the photo conduit. Is there any way just to install the conduit? That's all I'm really trying to do.
    Thank you, and thanks for hosting as well...
    Thanks!
    IM looking for Rogers Wireless CD ..is that available? I lost the CD and can't find it
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Chamilton, copy the palmone.msi file from the CD to that directory, then do the uninstall. Once you complete the uninstall, reboot and install from CD.

I had to do that with mine.
  16.    #76  
    Chamilton, plz use Winzip and let me know. I've never been a fan of XP's builtin unzip utility. Esp, since I used Winzip to compress it.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Window's unzip works fine. That wasn't the problem.

I finally got it to work after spending the better part of an hour on the phone with first Cingular and then PalmOne. I had to get rid of the generic Palm Desktop software that I had downloaded from palm.com. I think the file name was PalmDesktopWin414e. This is the generic software that does not include the photo app or the media conduit. In order to uninstall without the error, I had to download the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. After installing that, running it, and selecting the Palmone entry (all the way at the bottom), I rebooted, and then was able to succesfully install the Cingular version from your web site mentioned at the top of this thread.
    I forgot a step or two that I did before running the Windows Uninstaller Cleanup. Here's the complete instructions I followed.

1. Shut down hotsync manager.
    2. Using regedit, go to hkey_current_user and delete all directories starting with "Palm", plus the "US Robotics" one.
    3. Run uninstaller cleanup utility, select palm (at the bottom), and click REMOVE.
    4. Install Cingular CD.
    Thanks! Sprint CD!
    thanks
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast