Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    what 700p cd would you use for the canadian bell system?
    I am completely new to RAR files. What is a good free program to decompress?
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    I have an unlocked AT&T branded 680. Can I use the unlocked GSM file, or do I need to find an AT&T/Cingular file?
    I downloaded Verizon 700p. Which is the model Treo that I just purchased off eBay (no disk). I have MAC OSX. The files unzipped using StuffIt Expander. However, I can't seem to get any exe to run. Any ideas??
    thnx
    Thank you
    Sorry, new to this. I just got a used Treo 650 with no software or accessories. Got it activated with my phone number at Verizon and downloaded the software from this site. Thanks. Now, I don't want to sound stupid, but how do I go about opening it and installing it on computer and handheld. I now have previously installed Palm TX program in the computer and the power cords from the TX fit the 650.
    Thank you to whomever may be able to get me started.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coachbacon View Post
    I downloaded Verizon 700p. Which is the model Treo that I just purchased off eBay (no disk). I have MAC OSX. The files unzipped using StuffIt Expander. However, I can't seem to get any exe to run. Any ideas??
    exe files are for a PC, not a Mac. so they will not run on your mac.
    Many thanks for posting the location of the CD zip files. The links still work after all this time ! (at least the AT&T one does)
    Question - I got impatient and installed Desktop ver. 4.1.4e before I found your link (haven't synched yet tho). What happens if I run the install from your CD post ?
    Also, will doing so affect my firmware ? My phone shows to have version 1.51 on it. It might've been simpler to do a zero reset on the phone and a new install using the CD, but hate to repeat these steps if not needed. However, so far I haven't been able to figure out how to change the user name on the phone other than a zero reset. Ideas ?

Love the phone, love this forum !!!
  11.    #271  
    Can't help you much as I only host the files.

I guess I'd suggest uninstalling w/e is on your computer, then installing the CD.

Sorry!
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Hey there,

Do you have plans to host the CD for the Sprint 755p? or will one of the other CDs work for it? If the latter, which one, the Sprint 700p one?

Thanks!
  13.    #273  
    If someone sent me the 755p CD, I'd host it.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Thanx for the trouble! Mucho appriciated on this side of the ocean.
    Thanks so much to TheLeetBeagle for going to such extensive ends in order to help so many. I was referred here by a user at HowardForums.com.

I AM having a problem, though, with the download for the 750w.

I downloaded the ZIP file, and tried to run the Setup.EXE file in the main directory, but I am being given this error message:

The OEM configuration file is invalid.

Can anyone tell me what's going on, and what I need to do in order to fix this?

Thanks so much.

GFBaker
    Okay, so I waited for a while. Stepped away from the PC and took a breather from trying to figure out why I was getting this error. Here is my theory...

The error message said "OEM configuration invalid." I looked at the contents of the file that I downloaded, and OEM was one of five or six folders that were included in the download.

When I opened the OEM folder, there was no setup.exe file there, so I began opening the files contained in this folder. Basically, there was a setup for bluetooth, some graphics, and a link to a webpage that showed some HTML.

The HTML that I viewed on this webpage was all advertisements for additional products and services offered to whoever was installing this software. I think that the problem lies herein. Perhaps one of the links in this folder is no longer valid, or something similar is occuring.

What I have decided to do, is to sidestep the main Setup.EXE file contained in the file's main folder. I am going to open the rest of the folders and run the Setup.EXE applications for each one of them manually.

If this works, I will get back to you all and let you know. Again, my theory is that the problem is not malicious in nature, and does not render the important facets of the software useless. I really think that the folder OEM in totally unneccesary, as all it contained was pictures, a link to a bunch of HTML, and a setup application for bluetooth.

I don't use bluetooth, but I am pretty sure that there are other ways to synchronize, or render this type of device compatible, with ActiveSync/WM.

I will post my findings here.

GFBaker
    Okay...

As I said, all I did was run each individual folder's Setup.EXE files; as opposed to the one in the main folder that would normally install the everything automatically.

As I had expected, everything works. I can now connect my Treo 700w to my desktop at home (and I will do the same at my office), and transfer files and applications of all kinds to my smartphone. Success...

The only issue that I have now, is that I cannot successfully complete the Outlook 2002 installation. Apparently, there is a product key which consists of 25 characters that can be found on the Certificate of Authenticity. I don't have said certificate, so I don't have said product key.

Any thoughts from anyone on how to hack through this?

Well, I know from reading some other posts in this thread that the OEM error had stopped a few folks from completing this installation. I don't know if any did the same thing that I did, but I sure hope that I can help anyone who attempts this in the future.

Again, this site is great, and I thank all for being here.

GFBaker
    Hi,
    Does anyone have this CD that I could download? PC crashed and I can't find my original.

Thanks,
    Christine
  19.    #279  
    Unlocked GSM 680 is already on the list in the first post.

-Nick.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Thanks, it looks good so far.