Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    wanna IM me and send me the .prc file so i can upgrade from 2.86b. my cable is messed up therefor i cannot hotsync at this time, so if someone could just send me the .prc thru verichat or email?

thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by CPcrazyfly; 02/16/2006 at 06:54 PM.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  2.    #2  
    worked great, thank you KWRamsauerPhone
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    No prob.
    Is 2.89 the latest version? I'm still running 2.86b the professional edition. Is 2.89 a beta?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  5.    #5  
    2.89 is the latest but for some reason when i would check for latest version it would say there wasnt a newer one.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    'course, every beta release I've had of Verichat (for the 650) I've had to get directly from PDAApps (though I guess now Intellisync) support. 2.89b is a little long in the tooth now, IMHO, and we should be seeing a new update. But I fear that the corporate transition has hurt their responsiveness to issues.
    My VeriChat license expires March 1st. I have sent PDAApps 3 messages this week, asking if an updated version above 2.89b would be available anytime soon. This is what I finally got back from them...

Dear Chris
    Thanks for contacting PDAapps Support

We are working on it. No ETA yet.

Thanks for your patience
    -Support Team

Sorry PDAApps, such a weak response is not enough to make me renew my license. Time to start checking out the other IM apps available for my Treo.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Wow... you're lucky to have even received a reply from them. Whatever happened during this Intellisync acquisition has definitely not helped in making support or engineering more responsive. If anyone knows of a suitable replacement, I'd love to hear about it. Two of the biggest contenders from what I've seen would be Causerie or Chatopus... but I honestly found them unsuitable for various reasons. I'm particularly interested in (a) consolidated list of buddy groups across IM providers and (b) chat logs that get emailed to me on a regular basis.
    Did not want to barge on this thread - so will keep it short . Yes, we believe Causerie supports a consolidated list better than its competitors. Chat logs being emailed is being handled in a better way soon. We do have a beta which archives your history and stores it on the server encrypted so that you can view your history even after one year. Of course, you can select and email your sessions as well at any point.
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    Did not want to barge on this thread - so will keep it short . Yes, we believe Causerie supports a consolidated list better than its competitors. Chat logs being emailed is being handled in a better way soon. We do have a beta which archives your history and stores it on the server encrypted so that you can view your history even after one year. Of course, you can select and email your sessions as well at any point.

....would love to try an alternate program than verichat, but it looks like causerie price of $35 is only valid for 1st year. What is the renewel fee?
  11.    #11  
    i used causerie before Verichat. i liked it. couldnt send files tho, which i do an awful lot. cheapest way to share pics etc etc.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I love Verichat. Although I have to admit without the lifetime license, I'm sure I wouldn't like it as much.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I love Verichat. Although I have to admit without the lifetime license, I'm sure I wouldn't like it as much.
    how you get that? not fair
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    how you get that? not fair
    They offered it very briefly when the product went from beta to release. I think the one year subscription was $25 and the lifetime was $50. I jumped on the $50 (so fast that, apparently, I was the first one ever!). Great deal. And to boot, the product gets better and has great support.
    Warning: MantraGroup, the folks behind Causerie, has been missing in action for months, in terms of any hint of support. They also make CallShield, a fine app, but dead in the water as regards the 650. For good measure, they also killed their forums, which also killed self-help endeavors. They only seemed to materialize when their latest app was unveiled a few weeks ago. I've replaced CallShield, and am now looking for a Causerie replacement. Thanks for the heads up re VeriChat, as I refuse to go near any MantraGroup app again.
  16.    #16  
    They offered it very briefly when the product went from beta to release. I think the one year subscription was $25 and the lifetime was $50. I jumped on the $50 (so fast that, apparently, I was the first one ever!). Great deal. And to boot, the product gets better and has great support.
    maybe by some freak accident your lifetime sub carried over to me when u sent me 2.89
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    maybe by some freak accident your lifetime sub carried over to me when u sent me 2.89
    Doubt it!

yes, i went for that deal too. no brainer really. I did have to pay again to jump up to the premium, but again one fee.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    why do they charge an annual renewel fee? that is BS. I don't mind paying a $30-$40 fee for the software, but renewing annually sucks. I won't be renewing.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I wasn't going to renew verichat at first but when I looked around and found other alternatives free and otherwise to Verichat and unfortunatly, there wasn't anything out there that really does it for me. I like Toccer, but I use MSN AOL ICQ and Yahoo! all at once. I like the idea behind the Yahoo! Messenger app that is out there that uses text but for some reason it doesn't work,I really wanted the Yahoo! app to work since the only person that I talk to on it also has unlimited txt but it doesn't work. So oh well, I renewed Verichat and am hoping that maybe at some point Intellisync will update Verichat with a new look or something fun. Who knows, just want to see some more R&D , not that I am dissappointed, the 2.89 version is very stable!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast