1.    #1  
    I just got the 650 as an insurance replacement for a previous smartphone, but the insurance company only gave me the phone and the charging adapter for the car and wall. (read no OEM palm setup disc included)

I downloaded the Palm Desktop software from palmone for the 650 to sync with Windows XP Pro. For some reason when I sync the phone it doesn't backup my photos or videos I took with the Treo like the manual says it is supposed to do. Supposedly it should save them in c:/programfiles/palmone/<user>/treophotos...or something to that effect. I have scoured my C drive and found no such folder was created during the sync. It did sync all of the other data (contacts, calender, etc.)

My guess is the version of Palm desktop isn't doesn't support the 650 fully, so it doesn't sync the media/photos/videos. Am I just missing some setup step? Do I need a different version of the palm desktop to support photos and videos?

Thanks in advance for the help.

PS: I can't believe that they didn't include voice dialing software in the bundle. It came standard on my previous kyocera smartphone....may it RIP.

D
    Last edited by jwedge; 02/17/2006 at 01:29 PM.
    You should have desktop version 4.1.4. If you do then open up the Palm desktop and on the left you should see a media icon. Click on the icon and then it will take you to a screen. Go to the bottom and either click on the "device tab" or the "expansion tab" and your pics should show up. Also make sure you have windows media player 9 installed on your computer.
  3.    #3  
    the media option. I think that is my problem, the palm software I downloaded from PALMONE isn't a fully compatible version (it is version 4.1.4...I checked). How can I lay hands on an OEM Palm Treo 650 disc for verizon? Or is there somewhere online that has a downloadable version that will sync the media files (pictures, video, etc.) from my treo?

Thanks
    Jwedge
    I'm having this same problem. Any solutions?
    I believe 4.1.4E (e = extended fields) is the correct version for the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwedge
    the media option. I think that is my problem, the palm software I downloaded from PALMONE isn't a fully compatible version (it is version 4.1.4...I checked). How can I lay hands on an OEM Palm Treo 650 disc for verizon? Or is there somewhere online that has a downloadable version that will sync the media files (pictures, video, etc.) from my treo?

Thanks
    Jwedge
    I don't think that it can be downloaded. You have to find someone with the CD and loaded from it. I have a Sprint CD...not Verizon. I think they are pretty much the same.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi