1.    #1  
    Sonething odd has happened to my Versamail and I need some help. It simply stopped working. When I try to open it, it acts like it is opening then just goes back to my Palm desktop screen. No soft reset, just nothing. I have gone into FileZ and tried to delete all files with creator asc3, as is suggested in this forum, but my Treo will not allow me to delete these files. I get this message when I try to delete:

Error:dmatabase Open in Item::remove ()d

I am also getting a message when I try to access internal files using FileZ that may have something to do with this:

Error: dm: Cant Open in ItemFolder::readPalmcard()e
    (MOBILE_EXCEL_CURRENCIES)

I have found a file named MOBILE_EXCE_CURRENCIES, but I can't do anything with it. It has some kind of symbol as type and says it was created 4/30/57.

Everything else seems to be working fine but Versamail is not. Please help.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Reload the last ROM update for you Treo. That should reload the Versamail in ROM, just in case something has gone bad there.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Could also be a corrupt database? I had almost the same problem but my palm would reset when I tried to go into versamail. This is documented in the palm one KB articles. Sorry I can't remember the article #.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I don't know how you did it but you jinxed me with this one. I was trying t oconfigure my work activesync for the first time and had to quite in the middle to go do something else. When I came back and tried to start again I had 2 yahoo accts showing in the setup accounts window. I deleted the incorrect one that had some of the work stuff in it and then versamail went screwy. Now it does exactly what your does. It won't open and I can't delete some of the files. I tried a backup from backupman but no luck. I am loading the Sprint 1.13a update now. We'll see...
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I ran the updater again as I suggested above and that took care of it. I did get my activesync account workig too. I sure hope that doesn't happen again...
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdovis
    Sonething odd has happened to my Versamail
    there is nothing odd at all about Versamail not working
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Strange thing happened to my versamail today. Now when I go to delete my messages from both the handheld and the server the treo says it does (and it does delete from handheld), but messages are staying on the server. What would cause this to happen? I've had the treo 650 since October and this is the first time this has happened. I've added a few applications to it but nothing in the last 2 weeks and at that time I added volume care. I tried doing a soft reset and that didn't change anything.