Hello I have decided to purchase a treo 650 from verizon. they have two options with camera and without camera. except for the obvious, are ther any other differences between the two? Thanks rvas
    The one without the camera takes terrible photos.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  3. CMD
    How is that different to the one with the camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by rvas
    Hello I have decided to purchase a treo 650 from verizon. they have two options with camera and without camera. except for the obvious, are ther any other differences between the two? Thanks rvas
    Is the price the same?

Do you have a known restriction against a camera device? (A place you frequent that prohibits cameras.)

If the answers are same price and no -- I'd buy the camera model. It's a nice feature to have and may increase the resale value of the unit if that ever comes into play. For a camera in a phone -- I think the 650 camera is very good, however, the sound quality on videos is next to nil, IMO.

(I believe there is NO other difference between the two models, of course, I have never used either model.)

Cheers, Perry.
    No mirror mechanism on the camera-less. But it was faulty anyways...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Without the camera apps There would either be more dbcache or more RAM depending on how ROM image was configured.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I have the no-camera model for sprint. No difference as far as I can tell.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    The one without the camera takes terrible photos.
    Not funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD
    How is that different to the one with the camera?
    Frickin' hilarious!
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    OK friggin smartypants. I was askin a serious question. I guess mytreo.net would be a better place to ask. thanks anyways. rvas
    Never miss a good chance to shup up.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Three meaningful responses (Perry, james, akula) within 9 hours of your post? I think you're overreacting.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  11. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    *snort*

Aww, that was really funny.

I think within those responses (even the "smartypants" ones) you got your answers.

:-D
    I have a 650 w/c and, according to Cingular, my wife has a 650 nc. Now the real interesting things is... they both take pictures! I assuming that my wife's unit was just mislabelled.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Actually the responses by rbenjami and cmd were hilarious. BTW, I have the 650 w/o a camera and I have a lot of friends who have it with. As I've compared mine with theirs there is no difference (that I've yet seen) except for the camera. The thing that sucked is there is no difference in price either (shouldn't it be cheaper w/o a camera?). I'm wondering when the 700p comes out for verizon would it take as long to come out without a camera as the 650? I personally need a phone without a camera because of events I frequently go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by rvas
    OK friggin smartypants. I was askin a serious question. I guess mytreo.net would be a better place to ask. thanks anyways. rvas
    Lighten up.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.