1.    #1  
    Most of you probably know already, but for apps. that come with JpegLib or MathLib and require either files to run, you don't need to install JpegLib or MathLib that comes with those apps.. I use both WorldMate (requires MathLib) and ZLauncher (requires JpegLib to use jpeg images as wallpaper) and both worked even if I did not install the JpegLib (that came with ZLauncher) or the MathLib (that came with WorldMate).

Both files (JpegLib and MathLib) are in the 650's ROM already. If you go to the standard launcher, menu, the info., scroll down the list and you'll see a file called "JPEGLibrary" and one called "MathLib". Any apps. that require either JpegLib and / or MathLib will work without having to install any extra files (the JpegLib or MathLib that come with those apps.).

Just letting everyone know as I just discovered this today.
    Thanks, I had mathlib installed and deleted it.
    That's interesting, any chances of this causing a crash? Perhaps there are different versions?
    Treo 650 Cingular GSM 1.17 CNG
    hi all ...

has anyone else deleted these without running into any problems ?

regards
    aussietanker
    Hmm... I actually had to manually install jpeglib.prc in order for ZLauncher to convert a .jpg to my background image. I copied a .jpg to my SD card, went into the Tools Panel, dragged the .jpg onto the Create Shortcut/BackImage applet and received an error that jpeglib needed to be installed. I installed it and Zluancher then converted the pic just fine. I did see Jpeglibrary alongside jpeglib in ZL's file manager. Not sure why the built-in Jpeglibrary didn't work.

On the other hand, I recently installed Sun Compass (a cool compass program for PalmOS, which I saw in another thread here) and it came with mathlib.prc, which the readme said you may or may not need. I didn't need it -- suncompass.prc ran just fine without it.
  6.    #6  
    That's strange. I didn't have to install the jpeglib.prc that came with ZLauncher. ZLauncher was able to use .jpg images as wallpaper.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Good find! Just deleted JpegLib.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz
    Hmm... I actually had to manually install jpeglib.prc in order for ZLauncher to convert a .jpg to my background image. I copied a .jpg to my SD card, went into the Tools Panel, dragged the .jpg onto the Create Shortcut/BackImage applet and received an error that jpeglib needed to be installed. I installed it and Zluancher then converted the pic just fine. I did see Jpeglibrary alongside jpeglib in ZL's file manager. Not sure why the built-in Jpeglibrary didn't work.
    Same here. If I try to delete Jpeglib, the Zlauncher backimage function no longer works. Using zlauncher ver 5.4 fyi. The builtin Jpeg lib file in rom doesn't seem to work for me...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Same here. I had to install Jpeglib for the backimages to work.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  10.    #10  
    Hmmm... I guess I spoke too soon. Mine won't work without jpeglib now either.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Lucky I don't use back images then!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo