1.    #1  
    It's called VeMoDe:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8369

Seems really cool so far. There's an option under advances to setup to 320x320. Looks like another good option to complement pocketDivxEncoder and etc. Anyone else try this?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Not yet, but will be trying it this week.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Looks fine. Have done some testing, but hasn't really got to see the encoded movie yet.

As a curiosity you could put the attached picture in the folder /images/ after installation, and overwrite the config.xml with the other attacment (wasn't able to find a suitable 650 picture - so I went with a 600 instead )

This will give you a meny preset for Treo with some presets for encoding.

Have fun...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Here's a picture of the Treo 650. I've made it the same size as the 600 one and added a background that matches the program's so you can just overwrite the last one.

By the way, how does the speed compare to FairUse? Using that it takes about 5-6 hours to encode a 2 hour film with my 1GHZ processor. Is VeMoDe any quicker?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    This might give AGK a run for its money on my computer...
    I haven't played it back yet, but I encoded a 60 minutes show in Ipod format in 30 minutes with this.
    30 minutes?!?!?! Yikes. This may kick AGK's arse!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Looks like another good option to complement pocketDivxEncoder and etc.
    I hope both this and PocketDivxEncoder can handle dvr-ms files.

Can anyone please post a setup file for pocketDivxEncoder that is suitable for the 320x320 treo 650 resolution? I cant change the setting. I get "A needed field is empty". One can load settings.. so it is best if I can import the best settings that way.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Ok. Did a small test. Pocketdivxencoder doesn't accept dvr-ms files.
    VeMoDe seems to accept the file (and play it in the preview window on the top right side).

However, when I try to encode, I get the error (most of the lines describe my input file. The last line is the error):

File size:28.82 MB
    Duration: 00:00:14.1, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 17116 kb/s
    Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1920x1080, 29.97 fps, aspect: 1/1 (1.78), 65000 kb/s
    A> Number of stream maps must match number of output streams
    Last edited by aprasad; 02/16/2006 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Great find..I'll have to try this later. I currently use PocketDVD. Hope this decodes faster.
    I tried it out. I think I'm going to stick with AGK. It's slower, but I think the controls are better.
    What's AGK?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    What settings do you use in AGK? Can it accept dvr-ms files as input?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I tried it out. I think I'm going to stick with AGK. It's slower, but I think the controls are better.
    Agree. Thats what I've been using.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What settings do you use in AGK? Can it accept dvr-ms files as input?
    What are dvr-ms files? I'll take a screenshot of my settings later and post.
    dvr-ms are MS Media Center files. I get these files if I record programs off my ATI HDTV-Wonder card using WatchHDTV software.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Trying this bad-boy out even as we speak... er type.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    dvr-ms are MS Media Center files. I get these files if I record programs off my ATI HDTV-Wonder card using WatchHDTV software.
    Ah. On a separate note, have you tried Snapstream's BeyondTV? I use it and love it.
    Does this work better than plain ol' mencoder? I have a script set up to encode everything I record on my dvr pc to an xvid file formatted for my 650, and it works great! I don't even have to think about it, I just look to see what new shows I have ready and take them to work.