Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok I have seen many posts, both on here and on other sites, how to run Java from a SD card. Now that I have a Treo I haven't been able to get it working. I can run KMaps from the SD card but I can't run java unless it is stored into RAM?

I also have Pocket Tunes and CS Fax and want to run both of these from SD card if anyone knows how this would be possible please let me know. Thanks
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    So nobody here knows?
    I'm not sure about Java or CS Fax, but with pTunes all you have to do is select to move it to your card and that's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC
    So nobody here knows?
    I's been covered before. Do a forum title search (Search / Advanced Search / Select "titles only" \ put "Java SD" (w/o quotes) in dialog box) and you will get two hits.

And note that no program ever "runs" from the SD card....just likie no progam ever runs from your hard drive on a windows box. When you start a program, it is copied from the storage area (SD card / hard drive) into main memory and "runs" from there. Windows handles th switcheroos natively....Palm requires PowerRun or another storage card manager.

I would read the two thread for tips before printing out this summary:

Moving Java to SD Card

1. Install IBM Java
    2. Install Opera
    3. Move Opera to SD Card
    4. Use FileZ to:

j9secpol Copy -> SD Card
    j9keystore Copy -> SD Card
    j9java VM Copy -> SD Card
    JavaVM check_enUS Copy -> SD Card
    j9 MIDP Bundle Copy -> SD Card
    j9javalauncher Leave in MainMemory
    j9exchanger Leave in Main Memory
    IBM Java VM 8 kb Delete
    IBM Jave VM 29 kb Delete

5. Delete Copied files from Main Memory.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Thank you I will try both of these and let people know how it works out for me. Thanks
    I use Zlauncher to move both Ptunes and CSfax to the card and it works fine...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions