1.    #1  
    I have Sprint service and an using the trial of PDANet. When I try to connect it goes to shut down my current connection on the PDA, but that connection keeps trying to restart which is causing the PDANet connection to fail. Why is my Sprint Vision connection trying to restart over and over if I disconnect it? Can't find a setting to fix this issue? I am assuming I should be able to say disconnect and it should not try to connect again without me telling it to?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    My guess is that you have an app that performs some automated function requiring a data connection - Versamail, Chatter, OneBridge, ActiveSync, etc. Any e-mail clients that automatically check for new mail every x minutes?
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  3.    #3  
    I think you hit it right on the money. If I shut down the connection through Chatter it works great. Finally got PDANet working, it will be nice to have on the road.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    any problems reconnecting laptop with wireless home network after using pdaNet? I have heard of some and am wondering if there is a solution before I buy the program.

Thanks.
    I use it on Sprint and I just shut down Chatter first. In my experience it is necessary to shut down Chatter. I never had any problem connecting to my home network or any other network after using PDANet. I have often connected to PDANet and my home network at the same time when testing PDANet without any issues also.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    thanks but I don't use chatter- what is it and is it necessary to use w/pdanet? Also, if my laptop doesn't have BT, will pdanet work with IR or sync cable?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Ted,

You might want to search for some of this before asking. Otherwise, you'll eventually run into someone who will rip you a new one for failing to do a basic TC search and/or Google.

Anyway, Chatter is a 3rd-party e-mail app. It has nothing to do with PDANet. And PDANet works with either BT or a sync cable, but not IR.

I've never had any connectivity problems with either my Treo or my laptop after using PDANet.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster