1.    #1  
    i installed tom tom and It says I dont have a map installed. I have drug the midwest usa map on my sdcard. Is there a folder i have to specifically put it?
    You need to use the installer on the CD to install the maps. When it asks for the location, select other and you can install it to your SD card reader.
  3.    #3  
    got it!

but it says I have no GPS device on my palm.. is there a way to turn on the gps?
  4.    #4  
    here is my problem I am getting NO GPS DEVICE!

but when I look at my configuration for chosing a gps device I have

wireless gps and my key is 0000

is there a reason it wont work? Is there something I can do?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Occasionally, the Treo will "lose sight" of bluetooth devices. Tap your Bluetooth icon and go thru the steps of discovering devices near you, and once your bluetooth GPS receiver is detected, go back and start TomTom and the GPS device should be detected.

Hope this helps... it's what works for me.
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
    Quote Originally Posted by yinyang042
    here is my problem I am getting NO GPS DEVICE!

but when I look at my configuration for chosing a gps device I have

wireless gps and my key is 0000

is there a reason it wont work? Is there something I can do?
    Try deleting the Bluetooth Device Cache and any Trusted Devices. I found that my EMTAC GPS had to be the first bluetooth device found - it kind of had to be at the front of the queue to be discovered . Adding other bluetooth devices after that was nont a problem
    I have found that to yuse my wired device, I must proceed in this order:

1. Turn on GPS/Cradle
    2. Insert Treo in Cradle
    3. Start TT

The BT equivaent would be to make sure that your BT receiver and Treo are powered and paired before strting TT. Alo, delte all pairs and restablish trusted pairs. This has to be done after every ROM update.
  8.    #8  
    How do I delete the GPS cache? And it seems NEVER to find any BLUETOOTH Devices anywhere?!?!?!??!

I dont own a Bluetooth device for my phone, I just bought the TOMTOM5 software. I was under the impression this item will work through the navigation system without a device on it correct? It should use my built in GPS to read where I am at correct? One of my options to set as the GPS device is the wireless GPS, above that my key says 0000. I have tried to use differnt types of devices inside of TOMTOM and none of them give me any type of signal. I do have GPS turned on and it is currently set on LOCATION ON. I also noticed that when I first got the map installed it showed my location for about 10 seconds and then shut off.

So I thought maybe I needed to update my tomtom5 to the update 5.12. Well I installed it and now when i Sync I am getting a database error with the information from the maps I have installed. So what I am saying is that I COULDNT connect and/or see anything prior to putting the update on it, and with the update I am now getting errors with the sync.

So I think uninstalling TOMTOM would pry be my best bet. How do I know exactly what files are tomtom so that I dont delete anything that would affect my palm. (I think I have done this because every once in awhile on my SMS's I get a file not found error but everything works fine)
  9.    #9  
    Look at the error I am getting when I try to sync!

HotSync operation started for yinyang042 on 02/15/06 22:58:21

OK Install TomTom Maps 1.70
    Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed

Protocol Error: The requested command is not supported (4019)
    OK Quick Install
    OK Media
    OK Calendar
    OK Contacts
    OK Tasks
    OK Memos
    OK Install TomTom Maps 1.70
    -- Backup
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database currentmap.dat to file C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\currentmap_dat.PDB. The file contained database CurrentMap.dat data.
    -- Backing up currentmap.dat to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\currentmap_dat.PDB
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database midwest-7c3e59b8.mac to file C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\midwest-7c3e59b8_mac.PDB. The file contained database midwest-7C3E59B8.mac data.
    -- Backing up midwest-7c3e59b8.mac to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\midwest-7c3e59b8_mac.PDB
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database midwest-7C3E59B8.mac to file C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\midwest-7C3E59B8_mac.PDB. The file contained database midwest-7c3e59b8.mac data.
    -- Backing up midwest-7C3E59B8.mac to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\midwest-7C3E59B8_mac.PDB
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database CurrentMap.dat to file C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\CurrentMap_dat.PDB. The file contained database currentmap.dat data.
    -- Backing up CurrentMap.dat to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\CurrentMap_dat.PDB
    -- Backing up ZL_CategoriesDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\ZL_CategoriesDB.PDB
    -- Backing up CarrierProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\CarrierProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up HSTraceDatabase to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\HSTraceDatabase.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\NetworkProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up Queries to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\Queries.PDB
    -- Backing up FrameworkDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\FrameworkDB.PDB
    -- Backing up ZLauncherDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yinyan\Backup\ZLauncherDB.PDB
    OK Backup with 4 message(s)

HotSync operation completed on 02/15/06 22:58:38
    Whoa....you are a bit "all over the place here"....so lets slow down and determine what you have.

I dont own a Bluetooth device for my phone, I just bought the TOMTOM5 software. I was under the impression this item will work through the navigation system without a device on it correct? It should use my built in GPS to read where I am at correct?
    You have two choices to use your Treo with GPS software:

1. A BT GPS reciver which you say you don't own.
    2. A wired GPS receiver which it is not clear whether you own

What "built in" devcie are you talking about ?......what navigation system ? The Treo does NOT have a "bult in" GPS or navugation system. There are GPS cradles with built in GPS receivers such as teh Seidio G2350S for GSm phones http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/725-1.htm or the G4850M for CDMA phones http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/725-1.htm

In both of these the GPS receiver is built into the cradle. If you don't buy one of these you have to buy a BT receiver, several of which can be found here:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...TS&Category=48

Most peeps buy a kit consitng of the software and the reciver, cradle, mounts etc.

One of my options to set as the GPS device is the wireless GPS, above that my key says 0000. I have tried to use differnt types of devices inside of TOMTOM and none of them give me any type of signal.
    In the 2nd sentence of your post you said you don't own a BT devcie for your phone so I don't see any value to telling TT or Palm Bluetooth hardware configuration that you have one. If you don't have a device, telling TT to look for one is not going to accomplish anything.

So I thought maybe I needed to update my tomtom5 to the update 5.12. Well I installed it and now when i Sync I am getting a database error with the information from the maps I have installed. So what I am saying is that I COULDNT connect and/or see anything prior to putting the update on it, and with the update I am now getting errors with the sync.
    So I think uninstalling TOMTOM would pry be my best bet. How do I know exactly what files are tomtom so that I dont delete anything that would affect my palm. (I think I have done this because every once in awhile on my SMS's I get a file not found error but everything works fine)[/QUOTE]

There's a specific procedure that must be followed because TomTom really screwed the installation procedure up. The procedure is in at least a dozen threads here on TC. And the current version is 5.21 not 5.12 The link to it is in the thread below.

See the procdures I sent to Sedio in message 82 of this thread

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...0&page=5&pp=20
    To get rid of the 4019 error you need to install the latest version (5.21) and follow the strict procedures described. There may be an easier way but this is what I figured out and gave to Seidio and they are now passing it on to their TT customers. See the thread referenced above (message 82) to fix.
  12.    #12  
    I get it...... I think i was uneducated on how tomtom works.. Since I have tomtom already and I have the palm treo 650. Which GPS device is inexpensive and yet functional? Any suggestions? I just dont want to be uneducated when I purchase this item. Considering im not sure what will be capatable with my treo 650 and exactly what I need to get this to work...
  13.    #13  
    would this be appropriate for what I would need?

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=171
    The link you provided is a car cradle to which you can attach a separate GPS so you'd still be GPS-less. You'd either have to buy a BT receiver or a wired GPS

If it's me, with a GSM 650, I'd do a $160 wired solution like this:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=175

The GPS receiver is inside the cradle and the one wire you will see charges both GPS and Treo. Discouraging part is you'll see that this kit with TomTom is only $90 more and you probably paid $140-150 for TT. If you bought TT from Seidio, you might be able to convince them that you were misled into buying the wrong thing and could they please charge you the balance.

Try e-mailing one of the David's

David Chang
    dsc@seidio.com

David Silver
    davidsilver@seidio.com

Of course if you bought it elsewhere you are stuck.

If I had CDMA Treo 650, then the G4850 ($220) model should be considered in addition to the G2350S ($159)

If you wanted a BT solution, then the 2200 or 4500 would serve as your mount. and then you'd need to buy the BT GPS receiver here:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=237

You can compare them all here:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...n=Custom&ID=20

and buy them all here

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...TS&Category=48