Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have verichat..and it comes with the ability to log on to multiple instant messaging clients at the same time..but i only use AIM..so is there one which is specifically designed for it? i want to be able to edit my profile and do normal AIM functions..drop a line if you know of any, thanks

btw i messed up the title of the thread
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Toccer from atomiccog.com is a live-online, non-proxy Aim client that is quickly becoming badass. It's my favorite yet.
    I second Toccer...best one yet
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  4.    #4  
    thanks guys..im gonna try it out!
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

5.    #5  
    i like it..its simple..still cant edit my profile! =(
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    My vote would be split a little, Verichat or Toccer. One is free one has a yearly fee. I guess it would matter if you don't need the other clients or features, if you don't Toccer is great, simple and works well.
  7.    #7  
    who here pays for verichat?
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    As I have already stated I pay for Verichat, I use it a lot so I can justify the expense. Even with an IM client I still do 6000 txt a month, none of it for work, all personal
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  9.    #9  
    wow your treo must cost you a lot...txt bill..data bill..verichat bill
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

I use Verichat and always connected using SMS. I have unlimited SMS and Vision for free so SMS and data is not a problem for me. SMS is one feature I like about Verichat. Unfortunately it's the only one I know that has this feature with a nice looking interface. I think Causerie has the same thing but the interface I cant stand for some reason. The bad side for these 2 are the yearly renewal fees.

Does Toccer have SMS as an option?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Does Toccer have SMS as an option?
    Toccer runs on your treo. There is no service other than AIM. When a new message arrives, Toccer simply notifies you via fairly well-customizable alerts. It's more like a desktop application in this respect, so SMS doesn't even enter the equation.

The upside is that no third party is interfering and there are no third party fees. The downside is that it maintains a constant connection directly to the AIM servers, which keeps your data service active as long as you're signed on. Having the service active requires the radio to be on, which has the same impact on your battery as being on a phone call.

Still, I prefer running the client directly from my device. I like its customizable alerts. It's simple and easy to use. And it's free. It's far more elegant than dealing with SMS.
    I am confused. I thought there was an option on Verichat where it doesn't use SMS? Am I mistaken?
    Looking for a cell phone or cell accessories, check out http://www.marcusblade.com.
    Yes you can keep the network on and use the data connection on if you wish using Verichat. I tend to switch as needed depending where I am and what IM i'm expecting.
    I'm coming from an Ipaq 6315 with AIM built in which I think uses tmobile SMS and its terrible, I'm undecided on wether to try toccer or get verichat, can someone further describe the differences in how they connect sms vs not sms, and what it means to me..I'm a treo noob
    Quote Originally Posted by vipa1887
    who here pays for verichat?
    i do. well i have once, my year doesnt run out til May. i tried the very first version of Toccer, and it was WAY too simple. i like Verichat's features the best. i dont use the SMS feature. im on the MediaNet 19.99 unlimited so i always keep Verichat signed on.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    wonder if this is ok in conjuction with chatter (always on email). Any ideas if verichat with its always on otpion would cause issues with chatter?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I guess Toccer wouldn't be an option for me if it is always connected. I will miss a lot of calls since I will be always logged on to AIM. I'm assuming Toccer doesn't have the ability to run in the backround either?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I use the AIM Forwarding option. It basically just signs me on using my Treo automatically after I sign off (people will see me on my buddy list signed on using "Mobile Device"). People can IM you whenever they need to and you can reply back as well. It's free and simple. I receive my messages via SMS. Works very well with my 1000/month free SMS messaging.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    While I was using Verichat as my AIM client, I set it so it uses the data-only option, but on my bill later that month, I was charged for every message I had sent/recieved as SMS charges..Anyone else get that problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I guess Toccer wouldn't be an option for me if it is always connected. I will miss a lot of calls since I will be always logged on to AIM. I'm assuming Toccer doesn't have the ability to run in the backround either?
    Toccer does have the ability to run in the background. I'm assuming your on Sprint or Verzion CDMA networks...since GSM users have no problem staying connected to the data network and receiving calls.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast