Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill
    Just make a custom ROM using the cingular 1.17 files and replace all blazer files with the ones in the "Fast Blazer" post. Simple as that...

For me the fast blazer is great, loads quick with most pages I use. Also my speeds seem to be increased. But it wont let me download to the card, gives the same error it looks like everyone else is getting.
    how do you do that? i need clearr instructions so i dont mess it up !
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill
    The assumption that 3rd party apps are causing the download problems is wrong.

I didn't a full zero out reset and even with nothing on the phone Fast Blazer would not download.

I would not be so quick to judge. My first download attemp of a zip file failed. I opened handzipper, they tried it again with sucess. Obviously with no third party programs it can't be the problem, but with custom ROMs, some programs that work with blazer are missing, while other are replaces and who nows hat else.

I can download playlist and everything else fine. I did not think the zip file download would fail but it did.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I also can not download anything. Any mp3 I try to download to internal or SD gives me a download completed message. But it's a tiny 200byte file with the same name not the whole file. However I am behind t mobile 8080 proxy so I don't if it has anything to do with it.

BUT! I am more disturbed by the lack of history than the download function. This is definitey not a completed version of Blazer. It will hold me over until the 700p is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    I also can not download anything. Any mp3 I try to download to internal or SD gives me a download completed message. But it's a tiny 200byte file with the same name not the whole file. However I am behind t mobile 8080 proxy so I don't if it has anything to do with it.

BUT! I am more disturbed by the lack of history than the download function. This is definitey not a completed version of Blazer. It will hold me over until the 700p is out.

Working awesome for me... and I even have it overclocked. The only program that I think needs it.

Let me login via t-zones to see if I can use it for downloads.
  5.    #145  
    We encourage you to please report your results, error & success, along with any pertinent information including mem info (DBCache & Dynamic Heap), Treo s/w versions & 3rd party s/w used. This'll help to better narrow down the culprit & rule out unrelated issues.

Tests are pretty scattered. In one case, after HR, it was possible to download 10 MB zip, then not be able to download a 20 KB file. After continuing to browse, d/l of the 20 KB file suceeded.

In another case, d/l failed of a small zip but a 6 MB exe was successful.
    Dynamic heap for me must be 4k or more or I get the memory error
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

i still dont know how to intall it..can someone PLEASEEE give me step-by-step instructions to install this new blazer WITHOUT altering the stuff that i have on it now?
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by vipa1887
    i still dont know how to intall it..can someone PLEASEEE give me step-by-step instructions to install this new blazer WITHOUT altering the stuff that i have on it now?
    you can't. it has to been changed in ROM
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

yeah but i wanna know HOWWWWWWWWWWW i can create a custom rom..eventhough id keep everything the same
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

yeah but i wanna know HOWWWWWWWWWWW i can create a custom rom..eventhough id keep everything the same
    What do you mean the same?

You need to do your homework and read howto make a custom ROM. But if you need to know the easiest way do this...

Look for the topic on the Treo 650 rom updater tool. Get the tool. Setup shadowmites bootloader, get into bootloader and run rom updater tool. Have the program download the ROM from you phone to a folder. Remove old blazer files and insert new. Then upload ROM back to phone from that directory.

If you have any more questions I suggest you do more reading before asking. The answers are there you just have to find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AzGatekeep
    Never mind...I managed to get the official Palm update installed with a combination of an SD card and my Mac. On to the customisation....
    Hi,

Could you (or anyone else) please explain how you did this? I understand you need a "token" which is set by the official updater in order to run the latest custom ROMs... I guess I might install Palm software on a PC and run the updater, but is there another way?
    I tried UDMH to increase dynamic memory for Blazer 4.3 but I still get memory errors. After testing this version out, I have since gone back to the original version from 1.20. If browsing is the only activity you do with Blazer, then 4.3 is for you. But if you download a lot, you're better of with the original version and skweezer.

Any chance of getting 4.5 (from Shadowmite) and using it for the 650?
    I started experiencing errors downloading... but after a soft reset I was able to download a 2.8 MB zip file. Aftr that I downloaded a ptunes.prc with no problems.

It is probably a DBcache issue. I have 1.20LAP/1.71 without versa and real and FAT32. I am going to make a custom ROM with the "sprint" partition to get the +12 .25 MB dbcache and more ram. Right now I have almost 12 MB.

I think v 4.5 will be much better for our treos bt so far 4.3 rocks!!! All I need now is a 1.3 MB camera and I am set!
    alright everyone i have figure out a way of reseting blazer to download but the down side is that these steps need to be repeated each time.
    needed
    1. file z to delete certain files, in filez goto preference and and check off " show hidden volumes
    2. go back to view and edit files and now you will see a folder called external card, highlight Blazer folder and delete it
    go back to internal folder and locate all the files that are not in rom and related to blazer and delete them
    3. locate unsaved prefrence file and delete it
    4. reset device
    Now you should be able to go backto any site and down load anything
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    We encourage you to please report your results, error & success, along with any pertinent information including mem info (DBCache & Dynamic Heap), Treo s/w versions & 3rd party s/w used. This'll help to better narrow down the culprit & rule out unrelated issues.

Tests are pretty scattered. In one case, after HR, it was possible to download 10 MB zip, then not be able to download a 20 KB file. After continuing to browse, d/l of the 20 KB file suceeded.

In another case, d/l failed of a small zip but a 6 MB exe was successful.
    What I am trying may have no bearing.
    As I mentioned earlier, I changed the netfront file back to the original blaze.
    I have been reinstalling files back in to see when the issue starts again. So far I have most my stuff loaded and still no DL issue.
    I will Keep you posted.
    P.s. I asked earlier what the netfront file does?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/19/2006 at 10:56 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    You can find the Threads fairly easy. But you sound like your getting frustrated, so I will go get them and post them here.
    Just call me Berd.

Here ya go.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=106675
    The other threads are also in this post.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I tried UDMH to increase dynamic memory for Blazer 4.3 but I still get memory errors. After testing this version out, I have since gone back to the original version from 1.20. If browsing is the only activity you do with Blazer, then 4.3 is for you. But if you download a lot, you're better of with the original version and skweezer.

Any chance of getting 4.5 (from Shadowmite) and using it for the 650?
    Yea, I don't download much. So I will stay w/ 4.3 for the speed.
    Just call me Berd.
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    What I am trying may have no bearing.
    As I mentioned earlier, I changed the netfront file back to the original blaze.
    I have been reinstalling files back in to see when the issue starts again. So far I have most my stuff loaded and still no DL issue.
    I will Keep you posted.
    P.s. I asked earlier what the netfront file does?
    NetFrontLib is the Rendering engine for Blazer.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast