Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I too have the issue. We are looking at it.
    Is this only when we try and Download to card?
    I get a message something like 'Card Locked'
    Have not tried anything big, but I can Download prc's to Internal.
    What exactly is this issue?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I get a message something like 'Card Locked'
    Usualy that message shows up when your SD Card is Locked, if you look at it you might notice that it has tiny switch on it's side.
    Sorry if I'm wrong.
    When you start argue with a man try walk a mile in his shoes, after that, who cares - you're in his shoes and he's a mile away.
    Thanks,
    I did know about the little lock thingie.
    That's why I tried it on 2 cards. I can write to the card fine.
    My question is more along the lines of Download issues mentioned regarding the Blazer from the Life Drive.
    If your using the new Blazer,
    can you download anything to your Card?
    Just call me Berd.
    Every time i try to download any of the roms, it takes me to a site and i wait so long and finaly get a "session invalid" message. Is there any direct place i can download any of these Roms from
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Thanks,
    I did know about the little lock thingie.
    That's why I tried it on 2 cards. I can write to the card fine.
    My question is more along the lines of Download issues mentioned regarding the Blazer from the Life Drive.
    If your using the new Blazer,
    can you download anything to your Card?
    Yes, u can dw to card. I tried to dw a mp3 of around 3.55 MB. It asked whether dw to drive or card?...just to try I chose to save it on drive...when it got dw it said u can open this file with real player but I never able to locate it via real or ptunes? any idea???
    Hi,

in my case I get error message when try to download either to RAM or to card... Unfortunately, I don't know how to flush dbcashe, but soft reset gives no difference.

BR
    can someone walk me through the installation of this blazer with DETAILED instructions..cuz i have an unlocked cingular phone running 1.17 CNG or w/e

i would do anything to get a faster blazer!!

how can i edit my rom without changing ANYTHING except the blazer?
    Last edited by vipa1887; 02/19/2006 at 11:12 AM.
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    someone please get this to work with sprint. I want on the bandwagon. this is too exciting.
    Please press the THANKS button if you like my posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by vipa1887
    can someone walk me through the installation of this blazer with DETAILED instructions..cuz i have an unlocked cingular phone running 1.17 CNG or w/e

i would do anything to get a faster blazer!!

how can i edit my rom without changing ANYTHING except the blazer?
    Just make a custom ROM using the cingular 1.17 files and replace all blazer files with the ones in the "Fast Blazer" post. Simple as that...

For me the fast blazer is great, loads quick with most pages I use. Also my speeds seem to be increased. But it wont let me download to the card, gives the same error it looks like everyone else is getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    Yes, u can dw to card. I tried to dw a mp3 of around 3.55 MB. It asked whether dw to drive or card?...just to try I chose to save it on drive...when it got dw it said u can open this file with real player but I never able to locate it via real or ptunes? any idea???
    Could you do me a favor?
    Go to mytreo.net to Downloads and try to download to card, any app that is zipped.
    Thanks
    Either way I'm still staying w/ this blazer until something better. It is definatly faster for me.
    Just call me Berd.
    For those having memory errors. Try to shutdown anything running in the background (ie. Chatter, hacks) and try the download again. If that works please let us know.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

12.    #132  
    There seems to be 2 different issues related to the v 4.3 Blazer. One generates a download error & the other is a card lock error.

This version of Blazer appears to use the memory mgmt features of 1.20 s/w. Prolly why setting max memory & ability to see cache size is no longer available. This is automated in 1.20. We are in the process of identifying the culprit. One thing that seems to be certain is that new Blazer will work flawlessly on Hard Reset. Once apps are added back & consume memory, then the we start seeing the errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    ...clip...One thing that seems to be certain is that new Blazer will work flawlessly on Hard Reset. Once apps are added back & consume memory, then the we start seeing the errors.
    I will dbl ck that.
    Because I have already did a full HR then Reinstalled James Custom #1. I've been running w/ nothing installed (20.5mb free) Still can't download an app that's zip, to the card, from Mytreo.net.
    Just call me Berd.
    Could you do me a favor?
    Go to mytreo.net to Downloads and try to download to card, any app that is zipped.
    Thanks
    Either way I'm still staying w/ this blazer until something better. It is definatly faster for me.
    first time I tried to download a zip to the card, it failed. I then ran handzipper, and the next download worked to card.

Mabey you need to run your unzip program to config the new blazer correctly?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    first time I tried to download a zip to the card, it failed. I then ran handzipper, and the next download worked to card.

Mabey you need to run your unzip program to config the new blazer correctly?
    would you try a prc to card from mytreo please
    thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    would you try a prc to card from mytreo please
    thanks

works... no problem. using fat32 driver too...
    I think it's a some have it and some don't

nono,
    What size is your Rom?
    Mine is 7.2mb.
    I just did an experiment.
    I went back to old blazer - DL to SD fine.
    Then went back to new Blazer, But left the old Netfront, did not install any of my apps - DL to SD fine.
    Restored my stuff from backup, still have around 7mb free - DL to SD failed. humm.
    In my above Post I couldn't even DL to SD after a HR.
    Another question what is the difference between the old Netfront and the LifeDrives?
    Just call me Berd.
    I have no 3rd party apps on my Treo and have done this update and it has worked flawless for me, so your assumptions about 3rd party stuff could be correct as I can download over 6megs to my SD card no prob.
    I think it's a some have it and some don't

nono,
    What size is your Rom?
    Mine is 7.2mb.
    I just did an experiment.
    I went back to old blazer - DL to SD fine.
    Then went back to new Blazer, But left the old Netfront, did not install any of my apps - DL to SD fine.
    Restored my stuff from backup, still have around 7mb free - DL to SD failed. humm.
    In my above Post I couldn't even DL to SD after a HR.
    Another question what is the difference between the old Netfront and the LifeDrives?
    My ROM is about the same size. no Versamail or real, with snappermail, handzipper, cardexport, bluefiles, butler, technician, keycaps, filez, cleanup, uninstaller, splashblog,

I have ptunes, docstogo 8.001, verichat splashxxx, kmaps in ram.

use the programs that affect blazer before you try to download like ptunes, handzipper, docstogo, ect... see if that helps.
    The assumption that 3rd party apps are causing the download problems is wrong.

I didn't a full zero out reset and even with nothing on the phone Fast Blazer would not download.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast