Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    I used James CNG on my locked 650 just fine. I actually did it twice, because I had mistakenly thought the new rom had Real stripped out of it. Now, one interesting thing was that when I first flashed to just the Fat32 version, I had to reload my DRM files for Ptunes/Napster. When I installed the two passes with the Fat32/Fast Blazer ROMs, I didn't need to do the update of the licenses.

I wonder if there's something in the Fat32 that causes the DRM to fail...
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelShadow
    Ok... I give up, How the hell do ya disconnect from GPRS other than shutting down the radio and restarting? I am running z-launcher so is there a way using that and not loading more software?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm fairly certain
    Reset Netlib 1.0 is what you're looking for...

I have it setup in QuickSwitch. You just launch it and it kills your Network connection..takes maybe 5 secs total? It's a whopping 2kb of memory though ( ) so I hope you can spare the space!
    i think this blazer is faster with non-image intensive sites. But with a site with lots of images, it seems to want to load it all before displaying it for some reason. I remember the 4.3.2.1 version would display some images while loading the others...

For example I had a site that will load up to 752K before displaying pics...where as before it would load maybe 200K and display some images while loading the others.

It is for sure faster on sites with little images tho...i like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I downloaded a 6 MB file to my SD card today using the new Blazer. I haven't seen anyone mention that yet. . .
    WHOA!!!!!!!!!! Wait a minute...so you're saying this new Fast load version of Blazer from the Lifedrive does NOT have the 2MB download limit?!!

Screw everything else...this IMO is the single most important feature of this version of blazer!!!! The 2MB limit is the only reason why I still have buggy webpro 3.01a still on my Treo and why I tolerate using damned slow downloader app!!!! Some one puleeaaase get this to work on the Sprint Treo 650!!!
    Last edited by Gaurav; 02/18/2006 at 04:20 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Blazer 4.3 "FastMode" Custom ROMs

Includes:
    * SMS icon fix
    * FAT32
    * Blazer 4.3

Full: (Nothing remove only changes noted above)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13334590/...Fullb.zip.html

Cust1: Stripped of lang except English. VersaMail, RealPlayer, Tutorials, Clock
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13334304/Cust1.zip.html

Cust2: Stripped of Tutorial, Real
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13334393/Cust2.zip.html

Cust 3- Stripped of Tutorial, VersaMail
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13334436/Cust3.zip.html

Cust 4- Stripped of Tutorial
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13334595/Cust4.zip.html

This version is fixed as above and RealPlayer, VersMail and Clock removed but all langs.

You may strip out all but two langs.

EFIGS-
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13334726/...Strip.zip.html

LAP Stripped ROM
    No Versa, Real, Tutorials. English only. Same fixes as ENA SMS, carrier etc.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13335148/LAPstrip.zip.html

For other ROMs or files that may be needed in RAM:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564

Special Thanks to CraniumFunk
    lill dumb quest...to install the full rom i just have to copy the dw files over to sd card and run the updater? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    lill dumb quest...to install the full rom i just have to copy the dw files over to sd card and run the updater? thanks
    Yes, it will run by itself. Make sure you plugin the power and don't remove SD until you see lang selection screen or digitizer
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Yes, it will run by itself. Make sure you plugin the power and don't remove SD until you see lang selection screen or digitizer
    thanx...can neone confirm this new blazer doesnot have the 2mb file size limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    thanx...can neone confirm this new blazer doesnot have the 2mb file size limit?
    does not have 2mb limit. 10MB+ has been downloaded.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I want to say thanks to Cranium and jamesgangut, I just used James custom rom setup and even as a completely noob Palm user I can tell a difference. Thanks guys keep up the good work, and open a paypal account so we can fund ur efforts for the Treo Community!
    Hi,

though it is reported that this version removes 2M limit, I have critical issue - I can't download even small files. I try to download 20 Kb pdb files from internet and I get message that I don't have enough memory, though I have 13M in Treo and 50M on the SD card. Any ideas how to fix it are greatly appreciated.

BR
    I have the same issue...
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorozhbyt
    Hi,

though it is reported that this version removes 2M limit, I have critical issue - I can't download even small files. I try to download 20 Kb pdb files from internet and I get message that I don't have enough memory, though I have 13M in Treo and 50M on the SD card. Any ideas how to fix it are greatly appreciated.

BR
    I too have the issue. We are looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelShadow
    Ok... I give up, How the hell do ya disconnect from GPRS other than shutting down the radio and restarting? I am running z-launcher so is there a way using that and not loading more software?

Thanks in advance.
    Prefs > Network > Disconnect

Cumbersome, but works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorozhbyt
    Hi,

BR

Have ya'll tried flushing the dbcache? That might fix the issue perhaps...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What platform are the Custom ROMs in this thread for? I have cingular, will they work for me?
    They are Unlocked GSM versions

james, your ROM's in this thread have FAT32 enabled..correct?

I plan to pull the trigger and update now.

edit: duh. re-read..yes it does.

thanks!
    Any chance of a VZW compatible version coming out anytime soon?
    i am getting SO MANY

"The page download could not be complete. Please try again later."

messages after the upgrade.

...anyone else notice this?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    i am getting SO MANY

"The page download could not be complete. Please try again later."

messages after the upgrade.
    ...anyone else notice this?
    I kinda thought so too.
    I still think it's faster than 4.3.2.1
    Just call me Berd.