Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Woowww Thanks!
    Going to try it on my custom CNB ROM today (which originally came from James and I modified).

Thanks!

EDIT -- Ok, before I finish the custom CNB ROM with this, one question:

In the ROM, there are a few CNB (ATTW) specific files for blazer and don't know if I should remove them or leave them. This is what I have right now in the custom ROM (removed all languages but english):

BlazerApp_Device.bprc
    BlazerApp_Device_ATTW.cprc
    BlazerApp_Device_ATTW_enUS.lprc
    BlazerApp_Device_enUS.oprc
    BlazerRsc_Tips.prc
    BlazerRsc_Tips_ATTW.cprc
    BlazerRsc_Tips_ATTW_enUS.lprc

Should I remove the ATTW files? I am guessing that I should...
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/16/2006 at 08:11 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Thanks to everyone who worked on this.

I am now running one of James' custom roms with fat32 and fast-mode blazer and I love it.
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    scottymomo-
    Yes you will need to remove all Blazer files first. Let us know how it works.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    My guess, with the 700p.
    So the one in LifeDrive is for GSM. I wish someone would be kind enough to upload the rom from a test 700p.
    Last edited by naivete; 02/16/2006 at 10:32 AM.
    scottymomo-
    Yes you will need to remove all Blazer files first. Let us know how it works.
    Done. Seems to work fine here on CNB 1.17 custom ROM:
    Fast Mode Blazer
    FAT32
    no Real
    no Clock
    extra languages removed
    no "GetGood"
    no QuickTour

Can't seem to figure out which file is for CNBs "Wireless Email" app which is just a link to a page in Blazer.

Restoring from backup shortly...RESTORED, all looks well. Thanks!
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/16/2006 at 09:10 AM.

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10
    Anybody try this with a Verizon 1.04 Rom yet?
    Now that I know I have to delete all the old Blazer files I will try this on a VZW 1.04 ROM when I get home from work around 4:30 this afternoon and post back what happens.
    Thanks guys this rocks. Now I just need my replacement treo and all will be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    So the one in LifeDrive is for GSM. I wish someone would be kind enough to upload the rom from a test 700p.
    There wasn't a ROM pulled. Only some files. The Blazer that ws pulled is missing a library. So it will not work. SM was working on it at one time but I haven't heard anything lately about it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by noworry
    Isnt this Blazer is included in 120-171 LAP and ENA?
    I notice the version is 4.3 while the 120-171 LAP and ENA is 4.3.2.1 which is newer than this....

If you look at the credit in about, both version is done by ACCESS not PALMone http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif
    v 4.3.2.1 Blazer w/ 1.20 ENA & LAP is a more recent build, since 1.20 was recently released in Mid January. v 4.3 was extracted from a Life Drive updater which was released on December 1. LD Blazer is an older build, but a more recent "major" version.

The oldest version for Fast-mode Blazer is v 4.1, which was on LD shipping s/w. The LD updater s/w has v 4.3, just like the shipping Palm TX. The 700p was reported to have v 4.5.

ACCESS is a Japanese mobile s/w company that owns Palm Source. Treo h/w is made by Palm, but the OS is developed by Palm Source & licensed to Palm.
    I hate to get too far off topic, but besides Blazer's better rendering of pages and it's low, low cost, why does anyone use Blazer over Xiino?
    And I can actually put another reason in for myself - it handles some pages other browsers don't. But generally speaking, why Blazer?
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    I hate to get too far off topic, but besides Blazer's better rendering of pages and it's low, low cost, why does anyone use Blazer over Xiino?
    Well, because its free and renders pages better
    This version does not have a Disconnect option. Is there a good software that provides an easy way to disconnect from the GPRS network?
    You guys are awesome!
    Cranium I'm well aware of what CSS and AJAX are. The point is that rather than make real performance and feature improvements, Palm (or, perhaps, Access) decided to just look for stuff they could strip off a page. I can tell you that Opera has (or is working on) an S60 browser with AJAX support and so is Access, though we'll likely never see an OS5 version of that. As for CSS specifically, many mobile browsers support a subset of it and it would be ideal to create mobile sites that took advantage of that.

In any case, I also think that it's a bad design to make this a system-wide setting. What they should have done is present it as an option when typing in a URL as well as storing that preference with your specific bookmarks, so that it could remember to, for example, show graphics and use CSS when accessing a mobile-friendly site and turn off those features when accessing a bloated desktop-optimized site.

Having said all that, are we really certain that fast mode turns off CSS (and *only* turns off CSS)? If so, why is their a separate checkbox for turning off CSS?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    OK, good enough for me - it's just that once I used Xiino, I just couldn't go back to Blazer. The first time you try Xiino out, you feel like you suddenly have EVDO.

But back to the topic - awesome work on the newest version of Blazer! Can't wait until it works for us Sprint slugs.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sissa223
    can someone confirm whether this works with the latest cng firmware?
    No willing to test? I'll put a ROM together for you.
    I would! I'd kill for a ROM without the tour, versa, real, clock, xpressmail, getgood and added all of these kewl updates.

I'm currently 1.51 1.17-CNG
    Treo 755P
    If my CNB works, CNG will definitely work as well

Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Now that I know I have to delete all the old Blazer files I will try this on a VZW 1.04 ROM when I get home from work around 4:30 this afternoon and post back what happens.
    Thanks! Looking forward to your results.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast