Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I am curious to know what specific issues are currently preventing this new version of Blazer from working with a Sprint 1.13a custom ROM.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    OK I have never installed or created a custom rom before so can someone tell me how to speed up my blazer in a semi easy way. I am computer literate so I will understand most things. Thanks.
    Instructions for making custom ROMs for the ultra computer literate
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    I am curious to know what specific issues are currently preventing this new version of Blazer from working with a Sprint 1.13a custom ROM.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=10
    I believe it is a memory management issue.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Anyone know if it will work on sprint if you take out the Blazer Proxy found under the ##data# mode all u lose is the vision home page but https:// sites seem to work better "faster"??? of course u need the MSL lock code to do it but we all love to muck around under the hood.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    ...Does *NOT* work with 1.13a Sprint or 1.13 ROW...
    Not cool. When is Sprint releasing the Blazer update?
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Not cool. When is Sprint releasing the Blazer update?
    My guess, with the 700p.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    To Quote Cranium:
    Cascading style sheets are used in web page formatting. They are what really make the page's presentation nice, but aren't really useful w/ mobile browsers. Mobile browsers have their own limited rendering capabilities. Removing css will disable the overhead in rendering the page twice. My opinion, the key to Fast-mode.
    I would tend to disagree with this statement. Many mobile browsers support a subset of CSS. It's possible for a developer to create a mobile-optimized website that makes use of this level of CSS to provide an attractive mobile-optimized site. Palm is taking a shortcut here. Rather than optimize their browser to *better* support CSS and other advanced technologies (e.g., AJAX) and improve rendering speed when doing so, they've instead "optimized" it by adding a new option to strip out this advanced logic. Quite the innovators, they are.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I have a few sites that I could just not use. With the ability to turn off CSS I can now use them. I think it is more the option, You don't lose anything it is just another option when needed.

10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I would tend to disagree with this statement. Many mobile browsers support a subset of CSS. It's possible for a developer to create a mobile-optimized website that makes use of this level of CSS to provide an attractive mobile-optimized site. Palm is taking a shortcut here. Rather than optimize their browser to *better* support CSS and other advanced technologies (e.g., AJAX) and improve rendering speed when doing so, they've instead "optimized" it by adding a new option to strip out this advanced logic. Quite the innovators, they are.
    Palm is not taking a short cut. 99% of websites today are *not* mobile-optimized. Until that changes, this provides a better option to efficiently view most sites. If a site has mobile supported CSS, then you can turn off Fast-mode.

CSS has nothing to do with AJAX support. AJAX is not a technology either. It's a technique applied to webpages using XML & Javascript technology. AJAX has no bearing on rendering or page styling.

Example. . .If a website uses 8 different font sizes in CSS, but of those 8, Blazer can only render 3, I only wanna attempt to render the 3. I don't wanna render 8, but 5 are mapped to the available 3. Make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Blazer 4.3 "FastMode" Custom ROMs

Includes:
    * SMS icon fix
    * FAT32
    * Blazer 4.3

Cust2: Stripped of Tutorial, Real
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13334393/Cust2.zip.html

James, this ROM seems to give me an error when I try to load it. It makes it to the end (100%) and then gives an error.
    Would this work with a Verizon 650?
    Works fine, but I don't really see a big speed difference for sites I use. One site I could not login to with Blazer before (main reason I tried this upgrade) still doesn't work unfortunately (even in fast mode).

Weird part is I thought the new Blazer in 1.20 had password entries starred (i.e. **** as you type) but now passwords show in clear. Or is that a setting?
    Quote Originally Posted by mosco
    Works fine, but I don't really see a big speed difference for sites I use. One site I could not login to with Blazer before (main reason I tried this upgrade) still doesn't work unfortunately (even in fast mode).

Weird part is I thought the new Blazer in 1.20 had password entries starred (i.e. **** as you type) but now passwords show in clear. Or is that a setting?
    Wow that is enough to scratch your head about....they add it, then take it out? Maybe different teams working? with one making the 700p version and one still working on fixing the NVFS issues with the 650?

How does that new browser handle a really big page? Is it expecting the memory of the 650 to be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Hey there,

Behold! Here is the new format Blazer similar to that on the upcoming 700p. It has Fast-mode, which has the option to disable Cascading Style Sheets. Performance is much better & more sites are viewable!

Only confirmed to work with 1.20 ENA & 1.20 LAP. Does *NOT* work with 1.13a Sprint or 1.13 ROW. Untested w/ the rest.

Must be installed to a custom ROM. Need to replace all BlazerApp_xxx & BlazerRsc_xxx files in your ROMs using Shadowmite's T650 ROM Tool. Only need to add what languages are installed.
    Cool.. But did I miss something? Where did this new version come from? The 700P Rom?
    Can somebody tell me how to add this to my phone?
    Tried this on Sprint 1.13a custom. Definitely do not work. I copied all files in my new rom overwriting the existing ones with the same file name. Blazer loads fine but do not see any option for disabling cascading and it still says Blazer4.0. Speed wise it is the same as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    Can somebody tell me how to add this to my phone?
    Some reading material:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=475
    Just call me Berd.
    Hey jamesgangut,
    Think you could make a custom Cingular Locked, 01.51 fw, Treo650-1.17-CNG sw, A hw ROM?? I really would love to try this out and get a 4gb card but I'm in the process of moving jobs and my current employer is really trying to make me work during my last few weeks...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    CF correct me if I'm wrong but it throws it in a reset loop on Sprint

Yeah, a really nasty one too! Took me liek 3 hours to get my Treo from the dead. The error dialoge stated some specif library was missing when I tried it...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 02/15/2006 at 07:24 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast