Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
    Thanks guys...I got it up and runnning. It seems when I run the shortcut from the card, and when I run the normal Web shortcut I end up in the same Blazer...There is no lightning bolt on either one but there is an option in prefs to diable images, but no ability to disable CSS, and both read version 4.3.2.1

So, are they running simultaneously? Am I running Old Blazer because there is not bolt? I am so confused...No downloading problems, so that is good. But I have no idea about speed.
    Last edited by jules3; 02/24/2006 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    No there really isn't a solution. Works for some doesn't work for others. Bad part is Life Drive users are seeing the same thing.

Just wondering... Is this version of Blazer extracted from the Lifedrive before or after the version 2.0 rom update to the Lifedrive?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I am thinking about doing a new ROM update, now that there is so much new info...Is 4.3.2.1 FM Blazer or new Blazer? I am really confused because I am running side by side, but since there is no lightning bolt, I am not sure what is running.

Anywhoo, are the custom ROMS with FM Blazer that were posted at the beginning of the thread still the best route for size/stability/etc?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Just wondering... Is this version of Blazer extracted from the Lifedrive before or after the version 2.0 rom update to the Lifedrive?
    Good point... anybody?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Yes it is from the update. The original was vs. 4.0
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jules3
    I am thinking about doing a new ROM update, now that there is so much new info...Is 4.3.2.1 FM Blazer or new Blazer? I am really confused because I am running side by side, but since there is no lightning bolt, I am not sure what is running.

Anywhoo, are the custom ROMS with FM Blazer that were posted at the beginning of the thread still the best route for size/stability/etc?
    4.3 is the LifeDrive "FastMode" version (with lightning bolt)
    4.3.2.1 is the Treo 1.20 version.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

OK so here is what i am so confused about...If I have FM in ROM, and put old Blazer on the card, then how do I get 4.3.2.1 when I run from internal memory?

EDIT: Old blazer copied itself into RAM and was controlling Blazer. I was able to download but not get FM and as soon as I deleted the Blazer app file, it was back to FM - but no Download. Now I can't even download after a soft reset like I was able to do before.
    Last edited by jules3; 02/25/2006 at 06:00 PM.
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    This was extracted from the LD 2.0 updater, the one thats currently posted at Palm.
    I was having trouble downloading with fast mode blazer so I downloaded 1.20 blazer and everything is peachy now. My new problem is that when I try to set either blazer as my default browser, I have no options in my drop down list.

Anyone know how I can get a browser to appear in the drop down list?

If this has already been mentioned, I'm sorry but I think I've read this entire thread and couldn't find the answer.
    Last edited by misterfantastic; 02/27/2006 at 11:06 PM.
    I used to be able to download, but now I can't. . .

:-(
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I'm having a problem trying to use both blazers, with fast blazer in ROM and v1.20 on SD.

I put the files in the right folder as described in the first post. The first few times they both work seperatly great. But somehow the SD files are being put in RAM and I can't delete them cause the files are protected.

Anyone else having problems using both?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    maybe i should re-custom my rom with Fat32 and new blazer
    So im starting to think that when I opened a link, it looked for the default blazer and pulled the 1.20 Blazer from my SD card....

Why would it do that... ?
    alright so i updated to the fast mode browser w/o customizing my rom or w/e...i put it on zlauncher cuz ppl said it would work with zlauncher..and that if i take zlauncher out..the fast mode blazer will go as well...so i used it with zlauncher for a couple of days and zlauncher made my treo look ugly and disorganized (at least mine did)..so i decided it wasnt worth it and deleted zlaucher..

luckily..the fast-mode blazer still works somehow!..i dont go on web..but if i go to "GetGood" or w/e..it automatically goes to the new fast-mode browser!
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by vipa1887
    alright so i updated to the fast mode browser w/o customizing my rom or w/e...i put it on zlauncher cuz ppl said it would work with zlauncher..and that if i take zlauncher out..the fast mode blazer will go as well...so i used it with zlauncher for a couple of days and zlauncher made my treo look ugly and disorganized (at least mine did)..so i decided it wasnt worth it and deleted zlaucher..

luckily..the fast-mode blazer still works somehow!..i dont go on web..but if i go to "GetGood" or w/e..it automatically goes to the new fast-mode browser!
    waho! how in the heck did you get the fast mode blazer version onto your treo 650 WITHOUT updating your rom? tell me please!!!
    Is there a custom ROM image ready to update with the DM Blazer? I have checked the ones from post 2 of this thread but they still have Blazer 4.3.2.1 in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorr
    Is there a custom ROM image ready to update with the DM Blazer? I have checked the ones from post 2 of this thread but they still have Blazer 4.3.2.1 in them.
    You might dbl ck.
    The ones J posted @ begin of thread are FM Blazer. The ver # is 4.3.
    Just call me Berd.
    Is it possible to set your cache to the expansion card rather than the memory in the phone? I keep searching all the groups and can't find an answer. The book that Sprint gives with the phone says you may want to set the cache to the expansion card but doesn't have any instructions on how to do it.
    Hi - sorry to crash your party, I'm a Lifedrive owner, and after coming upon this thread I joined just to be able to reply. This issue has nothing to do with the work you have done. The Lifedrive Update Balzer download "out of memory" issue is not just a "know" issue with this version of Blazer its infamous. See the Lifedrive threads at www.1src.com and www.brighthand.com even the pocket tunes forum. Its a royal pain.

The theories out there as to its cause are (a) DB cache (b) Dynamic Heap (c) third party application conflict and (d) a bug with Blazer itself

Re (a) sometimes a soft reset works and sometimes it doesn't (used to with me but doesn't any longer) + DBcache clear tool works for some but not others. Re (b) the UDHM hack doesn't seem to help most LIfedrivers with this. Re (c) palm is in denial so this is their line and their advice is the standard hard reset put evey third party application back one at a time checking Blazer DL's each time - and to be fair does seem to work - at first - then even with the third party apps that tested as OK the error starts to come back... Re (d) this is the official pocket-tunes line which as this comes bundled with the Lifedrive is pretty significant and as sharkdownload seems to get round the problem for most (as long as they know the full URL) seems the most likely.

Which means we will just have to wait until Palm comes up with a fix but as they have other things on their minds right now I wouldn't hold your breath...but from the sophistication of what you lot are doing you might be the bunch to figure this out and solve it and if you do all Lifedrivers will be eternally grateful - Here's hoping
    so, as this version comes from the lifedrive...what if i took the one from the T|X i have sitting right here? has anyone tried this? would it work? would it work with sprint?

edit: it is version 4.3