Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1
    Great. I will go to 1.13 and then 1.20 using palm updater. I'll look for your link. Thanks.
    I can't find the link so I am uploading again.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

hey jamesgangut whats is exactlty is that rom ? is it a cingular rom/firmware iam looking for one . actually the latest is what iam looking for, Cause i reflashed mine to 120 ENA on a cingular locked unit with your custom rom ,which ran great except for fast blazer which did not dl stuff. After that i went back to the official 120 ena rom/firmware. its just in case i went to sell it with its original rom/firmware back in
    Treo 650
    cingular locked
    Running the latest unlocked Rom and Firmware
    Quote Originally Posted by frioman
    hey jamesgangut whats is exactlty is that rom ? is it a cingular rom/firmware iam looking for one . actually the latest is what iam looking for, Cause i reflashed mine to 120 ENA on a cingular locked unit with your custom rom ,which ran great except for fast blazer which did not dl stuff. After that i went back to the official 120 ena rom/firmware. its just in case i went to sell it with its original rom/firmware back in
    It is 1.13 ROW, you would have to find a CNG. If you get to that point one can be built.

5. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    James and Cranium: thanks for all your help. I am now at 1.20 with FAT32, Fastmode Blazer, and a 4gb card all working well!

FM Blazer is great. I haven't tried downloading yet.

Custom ROMs are great and should keep things interesting until Hollywood is available later this year.

Thanks again. You guys are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    there's no way of getting fast mode to work on a Sprint Treo 650?
    Not until Sprint releases the 1.20 update. The Fastmode Blazer relies on some new memory management that 1.13 doesn't have.
    I still am having the download issue, it is kinda frustrating...I use Xiino, but keep it on the card because that is the only way I can figure out how to have the cache automatically save to the card. Is there another way to run Xiino from RAM with the cache going to card?

For now if I need to download anything from Blazer, I have to do a soft reset, then do a download. Also, I can not do OTA updates for Volumecare since moving to FM...anyone else find this?
    My speed test results have been going up recently. Not sure if it is the latest ENA update, the fast Blazer, or whether Cingular are upgrading their network. I just got 118 kbit/sec at home, which is good for me (I used to get about 50 - 70).

Anyone else seeing improvements?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin
    Not until Sprint releases the 1.20 update. The Fastmode Blazer relies on some new memory management that 1.13 doesn't have.

I am pretty sure that if you strip the 1.20 upgrade of firmware and GSM specific files, it would work on the sprint phone... adding the correct CDMA specific files of course.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I think I have to go back to old Blazer...the downloading is killing me for software updates, etc...Is there a way to change out the new Blazer for old Blazer without a hard reset? I know it is in ROM so I doubt it, but thought maybe someone had a miracle way
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I am pretty sure that if you strip the 1.20 upgrade of firmware and GSM specific files, it would work on the sprint phone... adding the correct CDMA specific files of course.
    I've already tried this with no luck, however, that doesn't mean that someone else won't have success.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=107906
  12. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    My speed test results have been going up recently. Not sure if it is the latest ENA update, the fast Blazer, or whether Cingular are upgrading their network. I just got 118 kbit/sec at home, which is good for me (I used to get about 50 - 70).

Anyone else seeing improvements?
    I am seeing the exact same improvement at my home after putting in fast mode blazer
    Thanks James and Cranium.

Amazing stuff. With fat32, my programs open from z launcher and I have a 4 gig card on the way. With fast Blazer is much faster. Since I used James' ROM, I have not had a single solitary reboot!!!

Kudos to you guys. I am excited about my 650 all over again!!!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    So is there any resolution to the downloading problem? I know you guys were trying to put old blazer on the card and run them side by side, but I never heard what the final deal was and if it worked, which files exactly to put on the card. Your help is SO appreciated...
    No there really isn't a solution. Works for some doesn't work for others. Bad part is Life Drive users are seeing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jules3
    So is there any resolution to the downloading problem? I know you guys were trying to put old blazer on the card and run them side by side, but I never heard what the final deal was and if it worked, which files exactly to put on the card. Your help is SO appreciated...
    How many times have you tried? I had to try several times before it would work (the downloading). Now it works every time. Might be worth a (few) try(es).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jules3
    I think I have to go back to old Blazer...the downloading is killing me for software updates, etc...Is there a way to change out the new Blazer for old Blazer without a hard reset? I know it is in ROM so I doubt it, but thought maybe someone had a miracle way
    You can do it with the new ROM Tool.

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...d.php?t=107543
    What is strange is that if I do a soft reset, it works just fine. But clearing the cache with DB cache or Meminfo doesnt work, and there is no manual cache clear in FM Blazer. I can't even get a tiny playlist to download for a shoutcast, so there is no way it is really about space...I just tried to DL a 1k file. Yes 1.0k not a megabite..a KILOBYTE. it says "there is not enough memory available on your device. You can free up memory by deleting files or moving them to an expansion card." I just cleared my cache and there are almost 11 megs free on my device.
  19.    #319  
    1st post has been updated w/ files & instructions to run new & old Blazer side-by-side.
    Hey thanks for the props dude
    Treo 650
    cingular locked
    Running the latest unlocked Rom and Firmware