Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    CNG 1.17/1.51 NetFrontLib_Device.prc = 1,345KB
    is it possible to put the fast mode blazer into your SD card and run it from there instead of deleting the old blazer and stuff? i dont see why this cant be done..
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by vipa1887
    is it possible to put the fast mode blazer into your SD card and run it from there instead of deleting the old blazer and stuff? i dont see why this cant be done..
    Try it.
    I did.
    It did not work. (but I might have missed something)
    I tried both Blazers.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by vipa1887
    Not yet. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

There appears to be copy protection on the file preventing this.
    thats strange i tried it twice and it ran just fine from my card ,i used card xport and zlauncher to create a short cut. but i dropped all the files listed in the first post and it worked just fine except that it wont DL anything
    hm..this looks like a job for mr shadowmite!..i really dont wanna create a custom rom cuz im too scared to mess around with the core components...hopefully someone can come up with a way to accomplish this..
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

alright i have that program called "explorer" or w/e..its used to back files up and stuff..im sure you guys are familiar with it..you can access the ROM from there..i saw all the blazer files and theres even an option to delete them..so it looks like the blazer files can be deleted w/o uploading the files onto the computer or w/e..i hope that helps in coming up with a solution!
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by frioman
    thats strange i tried it twice and it ran just fine from my card ,i used card xport and zlauncher to create a short cut. but i dropped all the files listed in the first post and it worked just fine except that it wont DL anything
    Can you run old & new Blazer side-by-side, one from ROM & one from SD?
    yep both run just fine, heres the funny thing i have a cingular locked 650 which it had the latest cng rom and firmware. I down loaded the rom from the second post and ran it and to my amazement it worked. Ran it for a day this way and it worked good except that blazer wouldnt DL anything. After i rechecked the unit i was running the latest ENA rom with the latest CNG firmware. So i couldnt reload the cingular rom anymore i decided to run the latest ENA rom with the firmware. So now i have a locked cingular treo 650 running the latest ENA setup the good thing is that the latest firmware is much better than the cingular firm ware
  10.    #210  
    yep both run just fine, heres the funny thing i have a cingular locked 650 which it had the latest cng rom and firmware. I down loaded the rom from the second post and ran it and to my amazement it worked. Ran it for a day this way and it worked good except that blazer wouldnt DL anything. After i rechecked the unit i was running the latest ENA rom with the latest CNG firmware. So i couldnt reload the cingular rom anymore i decided to run the latest ENA rom with the firmware. So now i have a locked cingular treo 650 running the latest ENA setup the good thing is that the latest firmware is much better than the cingular firm ware
    to my amamzement too. . .congrats! I have a RAM version running, but can't manage to get Palm launcher or ZLauncher to recognize they are 2 pieces of s/w & not 1 newer than the other. Trying different configs, when v4.3 is launched from SD, it either runs & disables old Blazer or resets or quits immediately. The copy protection I refer to is in generating the RAM version .prc and is not files from 1st post. You might have discovered another useful configuration.

Can you d/l with old Blazer still?

Now! That's what we're looking For!
    Just call me Berd.
    do you think its safe to delete the original blazer from the ram..and installing the new one to the SD card..? read my post above..resco explorer allows you to delete files directly from the ram
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Yep i just reloaded into my card using cardexport and it runs but remember to load all 14 files. heres what iam seeing it looks like it shares some of the files cause my history from the old blazer showed up on the new blazer
    Last edited by frioman; 02/22/2006 at 06:53 PM.
  14.    #214  
    Sorry I'm a little confused. Where did you put the old version & how did you install it? Do you have old Blazer in ROM (PalmOne logo) & new Blazer on SD (Palm logo)?
    alright im going to load all 14 files into my sd card first..then once it works, ill delete the old blazer from ram..ill post back with results
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

sorry iam trying to post and do things on the "honeydue list"

Old blazer is in rom and running new from the card , placed the new one in the apps folder of the zlauncher folder
    tried to sync it to my SD card and got this message in my sync log

"ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your handheld to open these files. If you have recently installed such an application, please run that application and then perform a HotSync operation."

i dont have zlauncher btw...any ideas?
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

18.    #218  
    sorry iam trying to post and do things on the "honeydue list"

Old blazer is in rom and running new from the card , placed the new one in the apps folder of the zlauncher folder
    No worries.

Good deal, lemme check it out tonight. Thanks for posting and letting us know. Never thought to try that config. I've spent quite some time writing a script to disable copy protection on the ROM Blazer so it can be converted to RAM .prc. Manage to accomplish this recently, but might not be needed anymore. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif
    Heres what iam running on my Cingular locked unit.
    Firmware: 1.71
    sw: treo650-120-ena
    hardware :A
    The SW is a unalduterated facory rom
    also i noticed that when you load the new blazer in this config it shares certain files from the rom instaled blazer. Example history from old shows up on new and things liked that
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast