Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    any good sites? thanks!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    NIV is copyrighted, so I doubt you'd find it free- legally at least. And as they say- if you have to steal a Bible, you obviously need it more than me! Since King James is not copyrighted, there may be versions of that available for free. I had the free KJV version for a while, then decided to cough up the bucks for the NIV.

Try olivetree.com
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I use www.biblegateway.com, but I don't know of any treo friendly versions.
    As duanedude1 said, the NIV is copyrighted, so I doubt you'll find a legit free copy anywhere. www.olivetree.com has a it in a number of bundles at different price points (see this link). You can also get Zondervan's version at Handango here. That's what I use mainly because it came out before OliveTree started selling it.
    I'm perfectly OK with stealing an NIV bible because I think Zondervan is greedy. If I can buy a $10 version at a store why does it cost $25 to buy an electronic version?
    I do hope you aren't serious. I agree it doesn't make sense for a print version to be less expensive than an electronic version but remember that whomever wrote the reader software is deserveadly getting a cut as well.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    bible.crosswalk.com

(if you have unlimited data, and a strong signal, you can browse many versions and commentaries).
    I could send you a copy of what I have. Its the NWT.
    Couldn't help myself.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2