1.    #1  
    is the treo prone to overcharging? i dont wanna kill my battery by charging it too much
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

it cannot be overcharged.
    It's actually best for the battery if you leave it charging whenever possible.
    So I guess I've been doing it the right way all along!!! Go Me!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    I agree! You cannot overcharge the battery! These batteries will, over time, begin to shorten their effective charge cycle length unless they are allowed to near discharge at least once per month. Some battery manufacturers have built into their chargers the ability to discharge then charge the unit as a means of reconditioning. While these treo batteries have no memory, I suggest using the battery to about 10% charge at least once per month. Having said that, my own busy schedule sometimes misses the mark on this. When I start to see the battery life falling precipitously, I usually allow a near discharge, then recharge back up or replace with a spare. It makes good sense.

Regards,

Jim
  6.    #6  
    thanks dawgz
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

According to the owners manual, it's better NOT to discharge the battery:

"Charge your Treo 650 whenever youíre at your desk, or charge it overnight
    each day. The Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) battery has a much longer useful life when
    it is topped off frequently, rather than charging it after it is fully drained."
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I did see a post recently related to the car charger for the Treo. The car charger does not have a trickle-charge ability so it is best to not leave your fully charged Treo plugged into the car charger for extended periods of time. The AC adapter that comes with the Treo can be left in all you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    According to the owners manual, it's better NOT to discharge the battery:

"Charge your Treo 650 whenever youíre at your desk, or charge it overnight
    each day. The Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) battery has a much longer useful life when
    it is topped off frequently, rather than charging it after it is fully drained."
    That crazy owners manual...thinking it knows all the answers!
    Gotta wonder about my $3 ebay desk charger. . .
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I did see a post recently related to the car charger for the Treo. The car charger does not have a trickle-charge ability so it is best to not leave your fully charged Treo plugged into the car charger for extended periods of time. The AC adapter that comes with the Treo can be left in all you want.
    A DC -> AC power converter is cheaper than a Treo car charger and lets you use the Palm AC charger as well as let you save a crapload of money buying car chargers for all your other devices.

I generally charge my Treo once a week BTW as a minimum, more if I think of it.

I am wondering though what possible effect in car charging crdles such as the Seidio GPS jobs have on the battery ?.....are they the OK type like the Palm AC charger or the bad type like the Palm car charger.
    take a look at this: http://www.batteryuniversity.com
    it will help to solve a lot of questions about batteries and chargers
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    I suggest using the battery to about 10% charge at least once per month. Having said that, my own busy schedule sometimes misses the mark on this. When I start to see the battery life falling precipitously, I usually allow a near discharge, then recharge back up or replace with a spare. It makes good sense.

Regards,

Jim
    Dead on.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Lithium Ions are best charged early and often. They maintain a longer life this way. Regardless, they start dying of old age after two years, so no matter how well they are treated their capacity is greatly diminished by that time.