Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CP said ...

i used to use Zlauncher and stored apps on the SD card, mostly games and less essential programs,
    i don't want to hijack the thread ... but what do you use now and why the change CP?
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen
    but Mapopolis says it needs at least that much to run, using a GPS, so I thought I'd squeeze out a couple more mb's if possible. Anyone using Mapopolis?
    Sorry TomTom here....which seems to run fine from reports here with more than 5.5 MB....tho I have 17.5 and had it go batty in middle of long trips (6 hours). A soft reset solved problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    i don't want to hijack the thread ... but what do you use now and why the change CP?
    Zlauncher is a program manager as well as a launcher and host of other things such as a skinner. With older Palms I used a launcher but, to my mind, Palm hit the peak of efficiency with their current launcher. I found the reduction of screen reel estate unfavorable with 3rd party launchers, so I went to sweet and simple PowerRUN. It moves stuff to the card and nothing else.
    I like to keep it around 10MB. If I end up below 8, I start getting a lot of resets. I am a heavy user of Chatter.
    In my opinion, you should keep as much memory as possible in the ram. I am using ZLauncher and I maintain 13 mb in ram. Docs2go 8 and everything in it such as pdf files and documents are on the card. All photos and camcorder movies are on the card.

The majority of 3rd party apps are on the card. I don't have memory issues and no crashes except for the some 3rd party apps I try. A crash from 3rd party apps doesn't happen very often.

As far as copy protected 3rd party apps go, use ZLauncher and go to the app and pull up submenue and hit info. Go to attributes and disable copy protection and hit save. You can move the copy protected app to the card and launch from there.
    I don't believe you can disable copy protection with Filez...

Chuck
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I keep between 5- 6MB free RAM, my device is pretty stable and I rarely have any problems with TomTom or other large files. I tend to use ZLauncher to clear space and never keep any photos/ videos in RAM.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    As far as Mapopolis goes, if I have 5-6 MB free I'm fine. I started on the 600 and TomTom was out of the question. I like Mapopolis a lot and use it all the time travelling in unknown areas. I also use Power Run these days to keep 8-11MB free at all times.
    I ve gone down to 2 without trouble. Still, when I found out I did a bit of cleaning just to be safe.
    - Wouter
    i myself used to keep my RAM at 15-16 megs at all times, now for the sake of instant loading of certain apps i 'm at 11-12 megs, but i have run at 3 megs for the first few months i had the phone with no problems, i think it just depends on what you want and whats on your phone, imho the phone does seem slightly faster the more memory you have free though.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    In my opinion, you should keep as much memory as possible in the ram. I am using ZLauncher and I maintain 13 mb in ram. Docs2go 8 and everything in it such as pdf files and documents are on the card. All photos and camcorder movies are on the card.

The majority of 3rd party apps are on the card. I don't have memory issues and no crashes except for the some 3rd party apps I try. A crash from 3rd party apps doesn't happen very often.

As far as copy protected 3rd party apps go, use ZLauncher and go to the app and pull up submenue and hit info. Go to attributes and disable copy protection and hit save. You can move the copy protected app to the card and launch from there.
    I don't believe you can disable copy protection with Filez...

Chuck

Thanks for the tip, but for all of my third-party apps that are copy protected, I can't deselect 'copy prevention'. That's very annoying

The phone's speed doesn't seem to vary regardless of how much space I have in the RAM. I have about 5 megs freed up now.
    That's a new one on me. How does one tell if a program is "copy protected" ?
  12.    #32  
    Well, if you're using Zlauncher, just hold the stylus on the app's icon, and a list of options will be brought up. Click 'info', and then click 'attributes'.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Well, if you're using Zlauncher, just hold the stylus on the app's icon, and a list of options will be brought up. Click 'info', and then click 'attributes'.
    No ZL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12