1.    #1  
    It was reported by the site's adminstrator on Jan. 21 2006 that Orb is weeks away from supporting the Palm Treo 650, they are waiting on a 3rd party app, what this app is I have no idea. But confirmed it's in the works.

I think it's time to order my PC TV Tuner.....
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    What is Orb??
    Sounds great. I just hope the thrid party app supports WMV and WMA streaming.

I'll setup a fulltime box for this when it happens......
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    What is Orb??
    http://www.orb.com/
    Here's why I have issues with a third-party hosting my stuff. The following is from the Orb license agreement:

You agree that Orb shall be free to use or disseminate a Submission which is posted outside the Restricted Areas on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. If you submit Information to the Site, you grant Orb a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to (in any media now known or not currently known or invented) link to, utilize, use, copy, exploit, and prepare derivative works of the Submission.

In other words, post anything on their site, and it's theirs to do with as they please.....not my cup of tea, thank you!

Slimserver, from SlimDevices, runs on YOUR server. Set up a dynamic DNS address (from DynDNS) and you can easily stream your media to your devices as you see fit. Now Slimserver does not support video, but hopefully there will be some kind of freeware that will let you.....until then, I wait.

-TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    any one using orb with the Treo 650 yet. My friend showed me orb working the 700W and I am very jealous.

Thanks

Marv
    I hope this is true. Cant wait to try Orb
    Does anyone know what format Orb streams vids to remote devices? Is it wmv, mpg or 3GP, etc? The reason I ask it b/c there are already media players like Kinoma EX3 that support streaming 3GP etc which would make sense if that were the media client Orb was working with...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    this will be awesome if it's true
    Over on the Orb thread that said "a few weeks away", someone from Orb posted that they were waiting on the "new version of Kinoma". The Orb guy said the Kinoma folks keep delaying their release. I didn't get around to going to Kinoma's website and asking them when their next release was scheduled, but I'll try today.

All others should feel free to start poking and prodding the Kinoma guys for information about a new release that will support Orb and show them why they should release this soon. I've always used TCPMP myself, but I'm sure there would be quite a few of us here that would be willing to purchase Kinoma for the ability to use Orb.
    I emailed Kinoma and they said they can't speak to upcoming releases. The response also asked for a link to Orb's website where the Orb folks say they're waiting on a Kinoma release. I appealed to Kinoma to try and resolve any issue so they can get a release out to the Treo community. Let's hope they get something working.
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    I emailed Kinoma and they said they can't speak to upcoming releases. The response also asked for a link to Orb's website where the Orb folks say they're waiting on a Kinoma release. I appealed to Kinoma to try and resolve any issue so they can get a release out to the Treo community. Let's hope they get something working.
    Cool, thanks for the update. It'd be real fun to try out Orb on the 650. Here's hoping something comes of all this...!