Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    anyone know if you can buy them? the grooves on my middle size one got stripped so it doesn't lock into place anymore...
    you have to buy the whole set from Plantronics. this design sucks big time.
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c
    you have to buy the whole set from Plantronics. this design sucks big time.
    the whole $130 bluetooth headset i gotta buy again just to get one earpiece.??.. thats ****ing sucks!
    Hi -

Been lurking here at TC for a few months and opted to chime in on this post. I just got my 650 a couple of months ago (love it!) and I just got my 640 in the mail yesterday and love it so far.

As far as the earpieces go, I figure there is a fair number of us here on the forum that own the 640 and we would benefit trading earpieces that fit our units (i.e., I'll send you a small earpiece for a large one) Then, we can get up to two spare earpieces that fit for the cost of mailing from one place to another. We could run this off of a sticky in this forum... What do you guys think? BTW, I have a brand new small and large to trade for a medium.

In fact, we can do this for the charger adapters as well!

Just a thought.
    You can buy the earpieces separately. Check out the Discovery 640 user guide or if you lost yours, download the guide from Plantronic's site. Page 16 shows the accessories:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ccessories.png

Here's a site selling the parts:
    http://www.headsetexperts.com/cat_rep_BTP.cfm
    Quote Originally Posted by sj808
    the whole $130 bluetooth headset i gotta buy again just to get one earpiece.??.. thats ****ing sucks!
    sorry - what i meant was you have to buy small, med and large earjel set - not the whole headset too.

i modified mine so i can use the jabra earGels on it and it fits much better and the volume is better too.
    No you don't, you can order the eargel pieces. See my post right above yours...
    I ordered replacements - they are $5.00 per set of three (large, med, sm) IIRC. I picked up 3 sets since I lost one, but then decided to carry it differently to avoid losing them.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c
    sorry - what i meant was you have to buy small, med and large earjel set - not the whole headset too.

i modified mine so i can use the jabra earGels on it and it fits much better and the volume is better too.
    What did you do to modify yours. I've always preferred the jabra eargels, but wasn't sure how to make them work on this unit.

Any pictures you can share?

Thanks