Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hard to believe, but I can't find a good feature rich app to download and list tv shows.

Any ideas?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Pocket TV Browser works well for me. I don't think it is under active development, but it works great and has the features I want.
    I also use Pocket TV Browser, in conjunction with the free XMLTV. It takes a little doing to setup ... as I recall, the main trick is to copy xmltv.exe into the PocketTV browser directory.
    Here's a nice thread about various options:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=whatson

Also, here is a nice freeware java app as well:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=whatson

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by eisufao
    Pocket TV Browser works well for me. I don't think it is under active development, but it works great and has the features I want.
    Just gave this a shot cause I was bored.....one of the most frustrating things for me is finding out when a specific show is on.....such as a movie that is on once in a month, I always seem to be channel surfing and get to it after it's 40 minutes in. This allows me to search when a porgram is on and even set an alarm on the Treo to get the hack outta da office and go watch a decent movie or program ...and get there before it starts. Way cool that I can avoid the 356 channels I don't watch.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 02/17/2006 at 11:02 PM.
    I have been unable to access the Pocket TV website over the last 12 hours or so (since I first attempted). Is anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss
    I have been unable to access the Pocket TV website over the last 12 hours or so (since I first attempted). Is anyone else having this problem?
    Did you try: http://www.doublebit.com/home/index.php
    I went there and loaded it up sometime last night.

One question I have, it keeps babbling about how many days I have left to register....but if it's not under active development .... ?????
    I think the application is not under development but the source to the TV data (http://labs.zap2it.com/) is seperate and requires a free registration.
    This from the Zap2it forums:

Every 3 months we will ask that you complete a brief survey to share your experiences with home media-convergence products and your opinions about its future.

1. Seven days prior to expiration, you will be able to renew your subscription by taking the survey at http://labs.zap2it.com. Simply log in and click the "extend your subscription" link highlighted in yellow.

2. In addition, six days prior to your expiration, an e-mail reminder will be sent to the address associated with your Zap2it Labs account.

3. Your expiration date is included on every download in a SOAP <message>. Clients display this message differently, but many users see it as a text message in their console.

Note: If you forget to renew your subscription before it expires, you can still log into Zap2it Labs and take the renewal survey. You'll be granted 3 months' more time from that point. We retain expired accounts on the system for a minimum of 45 days to give you a chance to renew.
    Don't let that lack of development re PTV Browser concern you. This is the one app which has NEVAH crashed my 650. (Go figure, eh?) If you encounter problems/questions, use the doublebit.com forums. Very friendly/helpful folks! Lots of tips also.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRenegade
    Don't let that lack of development re PTV Browser concern you.
    My concern was related to what happens when the nag screen's 21 days expires ? Again that for the Browser not zap2it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It's a free registration number. I remember there being a link at the website. They'll just send you one.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    It's a free registration number. I remember there being a link at the website. They'll just send you one.
    But the site says the project has basically been abandoned and is no longer in development, hence my inquiry.
    The application may not be under development (I don't know for sure) but it does everything most people need. The source of the free XMLTV data is active. Just look at the forums at http://labs.zap2it.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    The application may not be under development (I don't know for sure) but it does everything most people need. The source of the free XMLTV data is active. Just look at the forums at http://labs.zap2it.com.
    OK let me make it perfectly clear since I apparently have done a bad job so far. I have NO QUESTIONS about the XMLTV service. Been there done all that. I have read the XMLTV site, the surveys and all that stuff and this is NOT the issue I am asking about.

The question of what to do when the Pocket TV Browser nag screen telling me I can use Pocket TV Browser (again, NOT THE LISTING SERVICE) for 21 days if the developer of Pocket TV is no longer supporting the app is the only answered question.

From the Pocket TV Browser site:

Do I need a Pocket TV Browser Registration Code?
    Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:45 am (more than 3 years ago)

"No, Pocket TV Browser no longer requires a registration code. The software does encourage you to purchase it after a 21-day trial period, and if you do purchase it (or make a donation), you will be emailed your own personal registration code.

People who purchased Pocket TV Browser prior to September 2003 were also emailed a registration code, and that code will still work. ALL Version 1.xx registration codes will work with ALL Version 1.xx releases.

If you lost your registration code, please visit our Support page for more information."

So , again, if the Pocket TV Browswer developer has stopped developing, no longer supporting the program judging by the newest post being 2+ years old, and in effect, fallen off the face of the earth, how do I get rid of the 21 day Pocket TV Browser (again, not XMLTV) nag screen ? Though I saw it 3 times in the 1st day, I have not seen it since over the last 2 days. I expect it will reappear again in 18 days or the next time it syncs with the puter ?
    Ah, I C. I don't know what you can do about that. You'd think the last thing the developer would do would be to make it a free (nag-free product). Can you possibly e-mail the developer and see if you get a response?
    Just a follow up but my subscription apparently expired and I did not get an e-mail....logging in still worked to extend the subscription tho site didn't remember me...luckily my memory held out
    Anyone know how to get PocketTV Browser to recognize the fact that it's Daylight Savings Time.

The "Channel 2 News at 11:00" is scheduled to be on at 10:00 pm every night...that late at night I hate having to do math......lets see...show that's programs says starts at 9:45 will actually start at 10:45 ... or is it 8:45 ... nope spring ahead / fall back.
    Jack - In the past I have either cleared out the cache in the TV Browser application on my PC or gone to the data source (Evolve or the other one) and updated DST from there. Sorry I do not remember my exact procedure, but this problem has affected me a number of times in the years I've used the app and I never write down what I do exactly to fix it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast