1.    #1  
    This sounds really silly, but now that I think about it... my first treo was a slightly more silver housing with the shiny silver around the screen. After a few trade ins it is now a dark metalic blue casing and silver around the screen. I'm no longer sure which model I have. Is there a code I could look up?
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Who has been giving you the trade-ins and what carrier do you use?
  3.    #3  
    I have had several phones go bad and traded them at sprint stores...3 times now.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    If you are on sprint, then the phone isnt unlocked.

goto the phone app and then phone info. what does it say for software?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5.    #5  
    I just did the update, so it is strint 1.13a. it is resetting a lot though after I did it. then I saw a post that said that unlocked phones are metalic blue. made me wonder...
    It is a Sprint phone and NOT unlocked, the unlocked model is on the GSM side.

If your phone is resetting constantly -- you may have a software corruption.

1. Do a hot sync to back up.
    2. Hard Reset.
    3. Does the unit reset in this "out of the box" state?
    4. If yes -- it's hardware releated.

5. If no -- you may have a software corruption and need to do a CLEAN INSTALL:

Hard Reset your 650, creating a "just out of the box" 650 (unless it is just out of box)
    Rename your backup folder on your PC to backupold
    (Programs>Palm>userid>backup to backupold)
    (Hopefully that's the path but you get the idea.)
    (The backup folder houses the 3rd party software you have installed in case a back up from a hard reset is necessary -- renaming the folder takes it out of the loop.)
    Hot Sync the 650 to your userid.
    You should have a clean Treo 650 with only your PIM data brought back from the 600.
    (PIM = appointments, memos, tasks, contacts)

Test for two days in this configuration.

Now install your desired 3rd party software fresh onto the 650 -- NOT from a backup! (Also, get the newest version, while you are at it.) Possibly one at a time to see, if and when the resetting starts up again -- you will have then found your culprit.
    When you Hot Sync again, a new backup folder is created, with the freshly installed 3rd party software backed up the way the 650 likes it.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/14/2006 at 11:35 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the info. That's what I suspected. I was just hoping I got lucky or something. I am going to do the reload. It very well could be the VSuite 2.0 I'm beta testing for Voice Signal. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks again.