1. noc
    I went to Palm's website for the update (I have the NVFS leak and BackUp Man no longer works) and it says "sorry" not available for the Mac? Anyone know anything about this? I've updated before and don't remember the patches being OS specific?
    Its been over 3 weeks now since the windows updater appeared. You're right - the patches themselves are not OS specific, but the delivery method is. There is no excuse for Palm to ignore the Mac community like this. It should've taken very little effort for them to make a Mac installer (or a platform agnostic version originally). Emails to Palm fall on deaf ears.
  3. noc
    If I have access to a PC, could I simply download the patch there, put it on my card and then perform the upgrade on my Mac? Or, I guess I could perform it on the PC just as well?

Also, I did a search and found some threads regarding someone posting a Mac version but anytime I saw a link to the download, I couldn't find or understand what/where the download was?
    Check this thread... I use a Powerbook and I updated my unlocked GSM 650 with the full ROM posted by Jamesgangut. The thread has the instructions as well...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....20+MAC+Update

650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
  5. noc
    yup, i've seen this thread also. i can't find it, can't understand it. i'm not a techie, i'm just trying to back up my 650! Can you point me to the EXACT link for the download and provide some instructions? very much appreciated...
    Quote Originally Posted by noc
    yup, i've seen this thread also. i can't find it, can't understand it. i'm not a techie, i'm just trying to back up my 650! Can you point me to the EXACT link for the download and provide some instructions? very much appreciated...
    You don't want to understand it. This is a home-grown firmware update which, while good, does not provide all the functionality that an official Palm firmware update would. I advise you to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    I advise you to wait.
    Wait for what? Palm to get around to posting an updater for the Mac? I mean, c'mon-3 weeks! Kee-rist. I used jamesgangut 1.20 updater and it worked fine. But if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.
  8. noc
    can I just do it on a PC and then sync up on my mac after the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    I advise you to wait.
    I am having no issues at all with the full ROM posted by jamesgangut... All the functionality is available... and this is the official updater from Palm.. The only difference is that jamesgangut has posted as a zip file that you can download and install via the SD Card...

650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
  10. noc
    well, i couldn't figure it out but was able to just download from Palm's website to my PC and then tried to install from there. It wouldn't install, said I didn't have enough memory. Tried the alternate installation instructions on Palm site. Phone went into endless reset loop. Called Palm tech support. We created a new user name to install to. It installed. Then I had to remove my user folder, resynch to my old user name and add back my apps one at a time. Took a while, but it worked. I'm now at 1.20 and 650 seems to be much more stable.