Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thanks so much jamesgangut, everything worked well with that great RomTool. managed to update 1.20LAP.

sadly it dint make any improvements to sms 160 character limit and noviiremote still doesnt work!

it says CC-Cap: ENA-ENA-001 in phone info
    wonder if that makes any significance?
    Treo 650
    Sony UX-50
    Tungsten T5 (other half's)
  2.    #22  
    cosmi,
    did u run the Official Updater?
    Or did u just run james' Lap SD?
    u may need to still run the Official Updater.
    Just call me Berd.
    Actually CC-Cap is right.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #24  
    CC-Cap ENA-ENA-001
    w/ sw: 1.20 LAP
    Interesting.

Thanks.

I guess he will want to go this route if possible:
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicride
    jamesgangut, it worked very well, thank you for clear instructions.... problem not solve but the nagging ENA has been changed to LAP now.

wonder if you have any solution to the sms limited to 160 character problem?

do you think there is any way to change it back to previous 1.08ROM? if so does any body have the file? never had these problems with sms or noviiremote till updatign 650- really regret it now.
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #25  
    Looks like he fixed it:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=109350
    If it is verified by a couple more I will put it in My ENA TroubleShooter Post.
    Just call me Berd.
    so where does the Carrierprofiles2.pdb and networkprofiles2.pdb files come from? I delete them and they reappear after a reset? Seems they are imbedded in the ROM somewhere...

I get Carrier DB 2.49 unless I hotsync BOTH the above files at the same time... send via bluetooth does not work.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    They come from CarrierCustomizationLib.prc. Yes both have to be replaced. Hotsync is the easiest way to get them in there.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    They come from CarrierCustomizationLib.prc. Yes both have to be replaced. Hotsync is the easiest way to get them in there.
    Should I just replace CarrierCustomization.prc in ROM?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    With what? It has both versions and depending on the CC-Cap token and more it determines whether to copy 255 over or not.

You can change it out for this CarrierCustomization.prc at the below link. It is "Patched" but will give you 255. It does nothing for the tokens.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=216

11.    #31  
    You can change it out for this CarrierCustomization.prc at the below link. It is "Patched" but will give you 255. It does nothing for the tokens.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=216
    So we have 2 options?
    One could replace the 2 files, Carrierprofiles2.pdb and networkprofiles2.pdb in Ram. (As mentioned in Post #1 of this Thread)
    Or replace CarrierCustomization.prc in Rom with the one Hash posted.

Ram fix maybe easier, but might not survive a HR.
    Rom fix survives a HR.
    Just call me Berd.
  12.    #32  
    UPDATED POST #1 - 06/29/06:
    I have directed many to the Rom that James provides in his Thread entitled "Custom ROM Tips and Tricks" that I have included below:
    Due to a few that have had trouble, I am posting a link to the exact SD updater I use to convert our inhouse Cingular branded Treo's into ENA versions with the 7.1MB ROM partition. This will update all tokens and firmware. From here you can modify using the ROM Tool to your hearts content.

Link:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/20125886/CNG_to_ENA.zip.html

This is for "unbranding" not "unlocking". Unbranding allows you to use the generic version of a Treo ROM. For instance you have a Cingular Treo and you want to run the latest 1.20 ENA version. ...clip...
    I highly Recommend the above Rom to all Treo 650 GSM users.
    It believe it resolves all ENA issues mentioned in this Thread.
    It also includes Fat32.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 07/05/2006 at 02:12 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Localization error.

I installed the ROM provided above and got a localization error after I restored from my backup. This sent me into endless reboots.

After investigation I figured this problem was in the phone app. I did another restore, this time leaving the phone_en_us file (or whatever it is called) out of the restore. Now it's up and running like a champ!
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but above it says:
    "
    *If still have 249, soft reset, leave phone off, and w/ FileZ
    Delete the Following Files and Replace w/ all these except AmrDecLib:
    (AmrDecLib is for Audio Issues) "

I don't see the list of files to delete. It' shighly possible that it's me....
    Thanks,
    B
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
  15.    #35  
    The CarrierProfiles and the NetworkProfiles need to be replaced with the ones I attached at bottom of post #1
    Just call me Berd.
    Ah ha!
    Got it.
    Thank you (again)
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12