Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    A web server? Someone did come up with one, but it was for testing purposes, so it wasn't functional. I think it was called httpd.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7

Also, why can't filez delete or move my jpg files on the SD card?
    Agree. I've been using Zlauncher's file manager but recently installed Filez b/c I saw several posts where users had both installed. I don't see the usefulness of Filez, especially alongside ZLauncher. The biggest reason a to use a file manager is to move files around, and if its ability to do that is limited then what's the point?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well I was gonna ask for freeview capability:

http://www.freeview.co.uk/

Until I read this:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02..._transmission/

"The BBC reports that the box's owner, 67-year-old Mary Donaldson, was absolutely oblivious to the threat her TV viewing habits posed to the very survival of humanity until two chaps turned up at her door and presumably asked her if she was aware it was an offence under the Telcommunications Act to broadcast attack commands to advanced alien civilisations."
    dont they have like MobiTV or w/e...its like $40 for the download and 4 months of free service..then you gotta pay a monthly fee after that..

but yeah..an application that would allow us to watch tv with only a 1-time fee would be awesome !! broadcasting tv via a wap site?..hmm

i think our buddy shadowmite can figure something out like that !!
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

I would like to see CardExport (or anyone, really) come up with a conduit for podcasts/iTunes, so that a sync would automatically enable the SD card as a USB device then copy over the MP3s to a specified directory -- all in 1 click.
  5.    #45  
    how about photo-editing software?
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Callfilter, among many other apps, will do that
    I have seen apps that prevent the SMS popup. The 650 does that nativeley. But i have never seen an app that keeps the screen from coming on completely.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I would have to say, either a better web browser, even though Opera is giving us a glimpse to what can actually be done even though mose people are not that keen on it, I think it is at least a step forward. Someone else said about a bittorrent app, that would be pretty sweet. I don't know how useful but it would still be neat. I would love to see an app or an upgrade to something exsisting to let us listen to XM or Siruis on the 650. There is a good idea
    This isnt for a pda necessarily, but email management. I want a one stop contact manager. An address book that can interface with yahoo, aol, gmail, outlook, outlook express. Accessible online if possible but thats not necessary. I want to be able to click on a name or list of names and choose which email program to send it to to write/compose email, where it will open the program, prompt you to sign in if necessary, and put the names in the "to" field of the email. I'm tired of having 20 address books across 20 email apps.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I want a good GPS maps app for Palm - like TomTom, but for hiking. I haven't found any decent one yet. I bet there is a good market for this.
    I used to use Delorme TopoUSA but I'd carry the receiver with me and record my hike then come back to the office and plot it on a map via laptop.
    I would vote for to have a some sort of Download Manager application like FlashGet on my PC
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
  11.    #51  
    TV on my TREO. has a nice ring to it doesnt it?
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

I want aprogram that tracks everything that gets done to my Treo when an install happens....and outputs it to a text file, log and / or memo.

For example.....You installed PalmSutra on 12-15-05 and it installed the following files:

PalmaSutra.prc 345 kb main memory
    ThingsYouAreCapableof.db 2 kb 2GBSDCard\wishfulthinking folder
    ThingsThatWillHurtYou.db 250 kb 2GBSDCard\wishfulthinking folder
    ThingsThatWillKillYou.db 200 kb 2GBSDCard\wishfulthinking folder
    ThingsThatWillBreakFurniture.db 750 kb 2GBSDCard\wishfulthinking folder

The following preference files were edited changed. Old file renamed to savedprefsoldfart.db and saved in folder yeahyouwish

WakeUpTime in Treo Alarm delayed by 90 minutes for recovery purposes.
  13.    #53  
    lol palma sutra!
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner
    How about adding the Ignore w/SMS function that is in the Treo 700W?
    Isn't that what SharkMsg does?
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well I was gonna ask for freeview capability:

http://www.freeview.co.uk/

Until I read this:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02..._transmission/
    God, this Yankee loves Brit humour! Douglas Adams, we hardly knew ye...
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Last I checked, MobiTV had no initial fee, was $6/month, and wasn't worth it. IMHO, no TV app is worth it if they don't carry the real programming. What good is ESPN with no games? ABC with no "Lost?" Etc., etc., etc.

Three words: Slingbox for Palm!!!
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Helix Holster
    This is obvious request:

NEED APP THAT SUPPORTS STREAMING WMA and WMV FOR PALMOS!!!

This one of the major deficiencies of PalmOS that has yet to be resolved...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz
    I would like to see CardExport (or anyone, really) come up with a conduit for podcasts/iTunes, so that a sync would automatically enable the SD card as a USB device then copy over the MP3s to a specified directory -- all in 1 click.

This is possible now using a combination of apps like Bluesync or freeware like Goodsync. Checkout this thread for more info:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=goodsync

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <moved>

STREAMING REAL AUDIO SUPPORT, so I can listen to this american life et. al.

There is a free program out there for windows, called real alternative (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm), which can decode real audio, so why can't anyone make one for palm?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast