1.    #1  
    I'm sure most everyone has had problems with this. Please give me some tips and tricks on how to best address this very annoying problem.

Just moved into a new office and the space allows me to put my Treo650 only about 6-8 feet away from my computer and its speakers. I've tried pointing the antenna out the window and everything. However, I still get consistent and considerable interference noise with my computer speakers.

Any thoughts anyone?
    actually most people won't have this problem because it only happens with GSM. Also it should only be a real problem in poor service areas AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $or$ $when$ $there$'$s$ $a$ $data$ $connection$ $started$. $as$ $far$ $as$ $a$ $solution$ $to$ $the$ $problem$, $I$ $have$ $no$ $idea$. $my$ $cingular$ $650$ $sits$ $right$ $next$ $to$ $my$ $speakers$ $with$ $no$ $problems$
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    actually most people won't have this problem because it only happens with GSM. Also it should only be a real problem in poor service areas AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $or$ $when$ $there$'$s$ $a$ $data$ $connection$ $started$. $as$ $far$ $as$ $a$ $solution$ $to$ $the$ $problem$, $I$ $have$ $no$ $idea$. $my$ $cingular$ $650$ $sits$ $right$ $next$ $to$ $my$ $speakers$ $with$ $no$ $problems$
    What kind of speakers do you have? Maybe I just have cheap speakers!

I'm using chattermail so there is a constant data connection from my Treo to the network.
    cgachuck,

I have the same problem and it drives me nuts! I've searched around before and what I learned was that Cingular's towers are on a specific band of the quad band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (I think it was the 1900) and that band in particular is more likely to interfer with audio systems.

Here is another post on this topic

If you find a solution, I'd really like to hear what it is.
    I have Sprint and don't have this problem. But my roommate has Cingular and it sounds like aliens coming down to give him an anal probe prior to and while his phone is ringing.
    I get this too, moving the phone away from the speaker wires and the mic/headphone wires helps, but I can never get rid of it completely.
    This has been discussed in numerous threads in the past, such as:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...o+interference

Bottom line: All cell phones can cause this type of interference, but the problem is particularly noticeable with GSM phones (Cingular and T-Mobile in the U.S.). It sucks, but I've learned to live with it.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    This happens all the time. Best is when you are at a conference and people are using wireless mics with their BBerry in their pocket. *buzz* *buzz* every 5 seconds or so as it connects to the servers!!
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Same: I have a GSM Treo and it causes my home stereo and car speakers to buzz.

I'm also on radio and television every now and then and I always have to turn my Treo off when there's a mic in front of me. It does no good to turn of the Treo's ringer: the whole phone has to be shut off when I'm on the air.