1.    #1  
    In the last few days, I've seen my battery life take a nose dive. I just left work 20 mins ago w/ 95pct battery and it's down to 87 while reading QNews articles and pTunes running in the background.

I've
    -turned off push mode in Chatter
    -turned ON sms mode in Verichat, and
    -made most apps close the data connection when done.

Beam Rec/BT are off, power off set to 1 min.

I think this has been an issue even a few days before the Sprint firmware upgrade, but can't say for sure.

WHAT ELSE COULD BE DRAINING MY BATTERY? Please help.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  2.    #2  
    Forgot to add:

I had headset control for a while but I disabled that and got rid of it weeks ago.
  3.    #3  
    I just read the 1.13 firmware thread again, searching for 'battery'. perhaps my battery wasn't full when I did the update. Can I redo the same update?
    Try a "no notify" reset (hold up and soft reset) and see if this helps your battery life. It's possible that one of your background applications might be looping and killing the CPU. Not everything works in this mode, but it is good to rule out unruly software.

You might also want to consider trying a different battery (from a friend's phone or a store model) - it could just be that your battery is nearing the end of its life.

The "fullness" of your battery shouldn't affect the update results - as long as it didn't die in the middle of the update you should be fine.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks mmastrac. But I have two different batteries that take turns in my Seidio charger, and both re showing this poor performance.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I just read the 1.13 firmware thread again, searching for 'battery'. perhaps my battery wasn't full when I did the update. Can I redo the same update?
    I'm guessing you probably can. I had to do mine five times because of some software bugs. Everything turned out fine.
    1.20 upgrade seems to have affected battery guage. The life is probably the same, but the new upgrade calculates drops in voltage faster. In other words a specific voltage used to be 95%, but now it is 92%.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  8.    #8  
    Wow, I forgot all about this thread- my battery was being drained by one of those 'use your headset to control pTunes' apps. Got rid of it - it wasn't worth the drain.