1.    #1  
    when you complete a call on the Treo 650, there is a notification screen that allows you to enter that number in contacts if it is not already there -- if you say ok, an add contact screen comes up and the number is automatically placed in the 'work' field -- does anyone know how to change this to default to mobile, or better yet, know of a patch that allows you to select what number it is (work, home, mobile, etc.)?

thanks!
    I dont no how to change default but you can change them around inside phonebook once its there
    Yes, just change the type in the dropdown. Very easy.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Unrelated comment; One thing that I wished the treo had was to look up unsaved #'s in the call log while editting contacts. If I get a call from someone's cell phone and I only have their home phone, I don't want to create contact & then have to copy and paste the number.
    I think if you change the drop downs around, it messes up the Voice Dial software, if you use it or ever plan to use it.

I changed them all around, putting the cell 1st. When I'd pick up the phone and say Call Jane's Cell, I'd get her work. If I'd say Call Jane at Work, I'd get her cell. Very annoying. Had to go through all of them and put them back.
    Rather than adding the unknown number as a contact and C-n-P'ing the info from the new contact screen, I choose the option of 'no' to adding as a contact, then go to the call log, view the details of the call and choose Copy Phone # seen in the lower right of this screen, then go to the actual contact's page, move to the field where I want to place the number, then paste it in.

I know, it's a lot of navigatioin & button pressing to get something simple like this done, but seems to be the only direct way, for me at least, without making new contacts.
    Anyone know how to get this feature back once you have selected "do not show this again"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook
    Anyone know how to get this feature back once you have selected "do not show this again"?
    I remember reading in a couple threads saying that, short of doing a hard reset, you cant. Could be wrong though...
    Ok, just a guess... (to answer the original question):

On Palm Desktop, goto Tools->Preferences you get a window where you can
    "Select the Primary Contact"

Does this address your issue?

- mvk
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook
    On Sprint phones, from the dialpad you can go to menu, options, phone preferences and there is a checkmark that says "Ask to add unknown phone numbers after calls"

I don't think that option is there on every cariers 650s though.