Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    can anyone shed some light on this problem? basically i want to make sure that its normal and not a sign that im' short on memory or anything like that..i have 13.9 MB free on internal

    it mostly happens with the images that I have located on the SD card, its a 1gb card with about 500mb used with a variety of things....

    browsing through my images while in the "media" gallery (stock app) it will show a little clock as it waits to load the images while in thumbnail view, and if i open the pictures and try to scroll through them its painfully slow..

    i assume since its the SD card i should have either gotten a faster reading one or else just deal with it or transfer some pictures over to the internal
  2. #2  
    Apply the fat32.prc into ROM for significant improvements in SD speed (over fatfs.prc). Search the forum, there's a huge thread on it and it's a recent development/improvement from either a leaked 700p or a LifeDrive.
  3. #3  
    I use the default "media" app, too, and I also have the delay. It's not a big deal to me, but I've read that other apps do render photos more quickly. Try Splashphoto and see if it's any faster.
  4. #4  
    The delay isn't the SD card - it's very slow moving from pic to pic even in-memory.
  5. #5  
    You can try AcidImage, which, in addition to having some other bangup features, seems to be snappier than the included image viewer.
  6. #6  
    Has anyone compared AcidImage to SplashPhoto and Resco Photo Viewer?

    Which gives most bang for the buck?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by grafik2
    can anyone shed some light on this problem? basically i want to make sure that its normal and not a sign that im' short on memory or anything like that..i have 13.9 MB free on internal

    it mostly happens with the images that I have located on the SD card, its a 1gb card with about 500mb used with a variety of things....

    browsing through my images while in the "media" gallery (stock app) it will show a little clock as it waits to load the images while in thumbnail view, and if i open the pictures and try to scroll through them its painfully slow..

    i assume since its the SD card i should have either gotten a faster reading one or else just deal with it or transfer some pictures over to the internal
    As it was said, it's not specifically the SD card as such, but the file system itself is linear, just like Windows. And since the SD card is big, you *can* blame the SD card...the more files you have, the more you have to sort through, and the slower it gets. The Treo itself is smaller memory wise so it limits this to a noticeable extent. I had made 7 subdirectories on my SD for pictures, thinking that would speed things up (it did a little), but even then, taking a single photo would delay 10-15 seconds before I could save or delete it. So I now take them when I can on the Treo and copy over when it gets near to full (yes copying takes longer). Copying them OFF of the SD to a computer really helps speed things up. As it is, I am going to go looking for the fat32.prc. Seems there is a trojan version of it out there (or at least a rumour), so be careful...
    Last edited by copasetic; 04/01/2006 at 10:36 PM.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Apply the fat32.prc into ROM for significant improvements in SD speed (over fatfs.prc). Search the forum, there's a huge thread on it and it's a recent development/improvement from either a leaked 700p or a LifeDrive.
    pardon my ignorance, but how did you copy this into ROM? Which ROM Utility did you use? Jackflash didn't work, and I don't know of any other utils to do this. Also, what's a 700i?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic
    pardon my ignorance, but how did you copy this into ROM? Which ROM Utility did you use? Jackflash didn't work, and I don't know of any other utils to do this. Also, what's a 700i?
    ROM Tool
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction

    geeze, ya didn't even give me a chance to delete my ignert post, I am such a newbie, hee hee... thank you.

Posting Permissions