Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone taking advantage of the 2 GB SD card sale at Circuit City this week? I am thinking about it, but I just bought a digital camera so I don't know if I should spend anymore money, but it's a really good deal at $120 off.
    What's the total price? Under $100 I hope?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

On the website, it says the regular blue SanDisk is $80 after $120 savings. And the Ultra II is $120 after $130 savings. What kind of savings are these though, rebates? Rebates are time consuming IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    On the website, it says the regular blue SanDisk is $80 after $120 savings. And the Ultra II is $120 after $130 savings. What kind of savings are these though, rebates? Rebates are time consuming IMO.
    No mail-in rebates...just a regular sale.

I would imagine mail-in rebates are designed to be "time consuming" because not everyone would send the required forms. That is good for the business.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I've read several places that Best Buy is planning on discontinuing all mail in reabates and going to online registration with a rebate code that will get rebates to you in two weeks. If so, I applaud them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas
    I've read several places that Best Buy is planning on discontinuing all mail in reabates and going to online registration with a rebate code that will get rebates to you in two weeks. If so, I applaud them.
    From a business perspective on Best Buy's part, that makes sense. It means that they can eliminate a human component in the rebate chain that costs them money for processing versus an automated process. After all, Best Buy doesn't actually pay the rebate, the manufacturer does that. Besides, some folks will still be too lazy to fill out an electronic rebate form.

If they tie the electronic rebate to my Best Buy Reward Zone card that would even be better. If I use my reward card when I purchase something with a rebate, it should automatically send the required rebate information to the processing firm.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    The sale price appears to be for the "slow" speed Sandisk 2GB card. I wish it was for the fast speed Sandisk Ultra series...then I'd be interested. That said however, it's still a good price for a 2GB card.
    I was in a Circuit City last night in Grand Rapids, MI.

SanDisk Blue 2GB SD card ----- $79.99
    SanDisk Ultra II 2GB SD card -- $83.99

Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    The sale price appears to be for the "slow" speed Sandisk 2GB card. I wish it was for the fast speed Sandisk Ultra series...then I'd be interested. That said however, it's still a good price for a 2GB card.
    Is the USB port (USB 1.1) on the Treo capable of exploiting the "Ultra" speeds?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Not much of a "sale" though .... $83.99 + tax = $91.34 for me here in NY.

Newgg's regular price is $80.84....and the $4.81 shipping is less than gas money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820180616
    Aprasad,

For me, the faster cards are useful because I can interchange the card to use with my digital camera that requires fast speed transmission, such as multi-burst frame shooting, and 60 frames per second high speed video.
    2GB Sandisk UltraII at Amazon.

Sadly, they were $88 last week.
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
  13. tsy
    I heard there were performance issues with the ultra cards and the treo 650. Some suggest that the 2GB Blue standard cards were faster on the treos than the ultra cards. I've been trying to get someone to post the VFS result on the Ultra but no success yet.
    Aprasad,

For me, the faster cards are useful because I can interchange the card to use with my digital camera that requires fast speed transmission, such as multi-burst frame shooting, and 60 frames per second high speed video.
    That's understandable.
    However, what about the Treo 650? Is there any reason to get Ultra SD cards for use primarily in the Treo?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    D@$%! I just bought one online a couple weeks ago for $120 from buy.com. I thought it was a good deal (no rebates) b/c Circuit City was selling for $200. Maybe I can get a pricematch.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsy
    I heard there were performance issues with the ultra cards and the treo 650. Some suggest that the 2GB Blue standard cards were faster on the treos than the ultra cards. I've been trying to get someone to post the VFS result on the Ultra but no success yet.
    Tsy,

How do you find out VFS results??

Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    That's understandable.
    However, what about the Treo 650? Is there any reason to get Ultra SD cards for use primarily in the Treo?
    Aprasad,

I have a bunch of burned movies (Star Wars, Grease, p@rn) loaded onto my 2GB Sandisk Ultra II card. I'm guessing that a fast(er) card is able to play back movies better and smoother versus slow cards. The real question is what the minimum speed a card must be before you notice a degrading of quality. I don't know the answer to this. What I know for certain is that slow cards will freeze my digital camera which requires faster cards to utilize the faster shooting modes. I would think that if you only load the usual run of the mill apps to the SD card, a slower(er) card probably wouldn't make much difference.

Casey
    Costco - $89.99
    Sandisk 2GB Ultra II

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...opnav=&browse=
    Last edited by jules3; 02/14/2006 at 12:01 PM.
  19. tsy
    Tsy,

How do you find out VFS results??

Casey
    Hi Casey,

You can find the VFS freeware programme and various palm sites. Try mytreo.net or freeware palm. Sorry don't have a link handy. Its made by Kopsis Inc.
    I am actually going to go to Costco and replace my SanDisk Blue 1gb with an Ultra II 2gb. Is the best way to transfer all my info and backups thru the PC? Will programs that run with Power Run be alright if copied to the new card, or do I have to copy them to the handheld, then move them back to the new card? Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast