1.    #1  
    Hey guys, i'm a treo user and need help in some stuff:

1) Sending multiple sms - noticed i can only send to 10 ppl max at a time... Anyway to increase that?

2) Sms recipients - anyway to sort my address book when sending? Like... look for 'colleagues' category before i choose recipients?

3) Multiple sms again - Can add names without exiting contact list and entering it to search for next recipient? (Just like nokia?) Makes the process so slow...

4) Bluetooth headset - noticed that it is not like nokia, having a permanent connection. I need to connect everytime i use it, and i find that inconvenient. sometimes, it doesn't connect when i need it. anyway to make it permanent?

5) Speaker phone - i know it has been mentioned in another recent thread, but i'm not sure whether my problem is the same. Basically, the party at the other end just can't seem to hear me speak at all! makes the speaker function useless to me...

Thanks in advance! If these problems can be solved, then i'll have a perfect phone!

eddie
    It would help if peeps knew what model (carrier) you have...Sprint ? Cingular ? etc as well as what BT headset you are talking about. But in that vacuum, I'll take a shot.

1 - 3 - I have never sent an SMS message so can't help you there.

4. Have you updated to latest firmware ? Hav you followed pairing instructions correctly ? Have you tried deleting pair and re-establishing ?

5. How far aways phone when using as speaker ? Are you turning speakerphone on ? When you see speakerphone on screen you have to tap it to activate. Also, have you checked out Jeff Gibson's Volume Care utility ? Seems of more use on CDMA phones than GSM but many users wouldn't walk around without it.
  3.    #3  
    How do you differentiate between Sprint/Singular? What are they anyway? Telecommunication service providers? I'm based in Singapore and my service provider is Starhub.

I'm sure i have paired my bluetooth headset properly. What i mean is, the headset logo appears when i switch it on, then it reverts to the bluetooth logo when i do not make any call. I need to press my headset button before it is connected again... By the way, i'm using a Jabra headset. Last time, when i was still using Nokia, my Jabra would ring when the phone rings.

I've tried using Speakerphone function with the phone next to my mouth! Everytime, the other party would be annoyed at not hearing me properly and ask me to quit speakerphone function...

eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by redeel
    How do you differentiate between Sprint/Singular? What are they anyway? Telecommunication service providers?

Carriers....the guys you write the check out to each month.

I'm sure i have paired my bluetooth headset properly. What i mean is, the headset logo appears when i switch it on, then it reverts to the bluetooth logo when i do not make any call. I need to press my headset button before it is connected again... By the way, i'm using a Jabra headset. Last time, when i was still using Nokia, my Jabra would ring when the phone rings.
    Not sure what you are saying. Go to Bluetooth \ Setup Devices \ Trusted Devices and see if your headset is listed. Again, if you have applied a ROM update since pairing, it will be necessary to delete (un-pair) and then re-pair the headset.

I've tried using Speakerphone function with the phone next to my mouth! Everytime, the other party would be annoyed at not hearing me properly and ask me to quit speakerphone function...
    How ? I mean what do you do to "activate" the speaker phone ? A lot of peeps see the speakerphone icon on the screen and think that means they are using it.....you have to actually tap the icon to activate the speakerphone.