1.    #1  
    Hi,

So I am trying to run the 1.20-LAP updater downloaded from the Palm site. When I try step one in the updater which is to perform a Hotsync to backup my device, it stops and says I don't have enough memory on the device. I have almost 10MB free (according to ZLauncher). How much memory do I need? And how do I get it? I have moved practically all the applications that I can my SD card (through ZLauncher). I have deleted all my Versamail messages (I am replaceing it with SnapperMail after installing the Custom Stripped LAP ROM).

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Moppet52
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    1. Backup your Treo by performing a Hotsync (plus for safety also backup to SD card using a backup utility such as Resco Backup [free trial available])
    2. Hard reset your Treo (read how) which will erase all of your data and make room available for the Updater
    3. Follow the Updater instructions – you will be asked to choose the “Treo User” you would like to Hotsync to. Select “Create New User” and call it anything you like (for example: Updater2)
    4. Let the Updater 1.20 run fully on your Treo and complete installation then check to see in Phone Info that the upgrade has completed successfully.
    5. Hard reset your Treo again so as to delete the temporary new user that you created.
    6. Hotsync your Treo again and this time choose your old username to synchronize data with.
    7. Your Treo should now be fully restored and running the 1.20 software.

[NOTE About Using A New User Profile: The only thing that I did after creating a ‘Temp’ user name was to set the HotSync to ‘Do Nothing’ for all my Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes (right-click to ‘Custom’ in HotSync tray icon) a small additional step that saves time and ensures that the updater stays away from this critical data. Also, a minor detail, in the instruction Palm does not tell you how to then go about deleting the ‘Temp’ user name that you created but it’s only a very simple two click process which is explained in “Change or delete your device's User Name”.]

I got these from Treonauts.com, but it is how I have done every update, this way you can avoid having to delete programs.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    1. Backup your Treo by performing a Hotsync (plus for safety also backup to SD card using a backup utility such as Resco Backup [free trial available])
    2. Hard reset your Treo (read how) which will erase all of your data and make room available for the Updater
    3. Follow the Updater instructions – you will be asked to choose the “Treo User” you would like to Hotsync to. Select “Create New User” and call it anything you like (for example: Updater2)
    4. Let the Updater 1.20 run fully on your Treo and complete installation then check to see in Phone Info that the upgrade has completed successfully.
    5. Hard reset your Treo again so as to delete the temporary new user that you created.
    6. Hotsync your Treo again and this time choose your old username to synchronize data with.
    7. Your Treo should now be fully restored and running the 1.20 software.

[NOTE About Using A New User Profile: The only thing that I did after creating a ‘Temp’ user name was to set the HotSync to ‘Do Nothing’ for all my Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes (right-click to ‘Custom’ in HotSync tray icon) a small additional step that saves time and ensures that the updater stays away from this critical data. Also, a minor detail, in the instruction Palm does not tell you how to then go about deleting the ‘Temp’ user name that you created but it’s only a very simple two click process which is explained in “Change or delete your device's User Name”.]

I got these from Treonauts.com, but it is how I have done every update, this way you can avoid having to delete programs.
    Thanks! Worked like a charm...

Now to create my first Custom ROM!

Moppet52