Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there an app out there which allows you to do the same thing as Card Export does for SD cards, but for RAM? i.e. Access RAM via a "removable drive" in Windows explorer?

Thanks!
    SyncWizard will allow you to do this through its own Explorer-like interface. Not in my computer but it does allow you to get RAM and ROM files as well as SD card info. It loads on the PC side.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by durex
    Is there an app out there which allows you to do the same thing as Card Export does for SD cards, but for RAM? i.e. Access RAM via a "removable drive" in Windows explorer?

Thanks!

Yes, Palm File Browser (PFB) will do this. You can access both ram and card, though it needs desktop client. It's free too!

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...m_File_Browser

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I really like PFB
    Just call me Berd.
    I've never been able to get PFB to work.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Ive just tried both of these programs, PFB and Syncwizard without much luck. PFB is very unintuitive, and doesnt want to establish a connection, despite my following their sparse instructions for installation.

Syncwizard seems a better prgram for what I want, but it only establishes a connection during the duration of a Hotsync. As soon as the Hotsync finishes, Syncwizard freezes.

On the PC, before I do the Hotsync, SyncWizard has a suggestion box telling me to establish a Connection by pressing the HotSync button on the cradle, but that's not the way I connect my Treo600 and PC (i just use a simple USB cable). Is there some other equivalent to pressing this button (ie and not doing a full hotsync)??

cheers

geoff
    I bought Card Export, but seem to remember that you had to disable/exit hotsync in your sytem tray to get palm file browser to connect.
    The most recent version of Card Export allows you to view both SD cards and RAM as an external drive from the PC (although not both at once).

If you look on the Card Export screen the "Card:" option has a drop down box defaulting to the SD card currently inserted. It also has another option of NVFS Volume that is the internal RAM on the phone. It does pop up a warning screen saying "be careful" or words to that effect but works fine. The file types don't show up as I expected but pictures and videos can be accessed this way.
    Where is the RAM option in Card Export. I have 2.22. Only choice i have is CARD.
    Well admittedly I have version 2.20 but looking at the web site the only changes in the newer version are for additional device support.

The image attached shows the word "Card:" plus a down arrow and then the name of the card. If you select that you discover it is a drop down list with another option above it. Well that is the way mine works and given that I got the image from the softick site I assume it is meant to work that way
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soneill
    Well admittedly I have version 2.20 but looking at the web site the only changes in the newer version are for additional device support.

The image attached shows the word "Card:" plus a down arrow and then the name of the card. If you select that you discover it is a drop down list with another option above it. Well that is the way mine works and given that I got the image from the softick site I assume it is meant to work that way
    I have 2.22, and when I click the down arrow next to the card the only option there is.... my card. What do you see? Please take a screenshot of what your drop-down list looks like. I'd really like this function, and didn't know I was supposed to be able to do it in card export.
    If you read the info for the just Card Export, not Card Export II, it seems to allow to view files in RAM. But, from what I understand, Card Export is not compatible with Treo. You have to use Card Export II. Or, that was my understanding when I purchased it.
    Last edited by JohnH59; 02/18/2006 at 12:22 AM.
    Sorry I should have been clearer - I am using Card Export II not plain Card Export. I don't have the software to take a screen shot at the moment - maybe someone else can help with that. All that happens for mine when I click the down arrow (or press up and then select on the 5 way) is that a box pops up with my data card highlighted and above that the same graphic as for the SD card with the words "NVFS Volume" beside it.
    I am using Card Export II version 2.22. I even redownloaded from softick.com. I still do not see the other option.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff
    Ive just tried both of these programs, PFB and Syncwizard without much luck. PFB is very unintuitive, and doesnt want to establish a connection, despite my following their sparse instructions for installation.

Syncwizard seems a better prgram for what I want, but it only establishes a connection during the duration of a Hotsync. As soon as the Hotsync finishes, Syncwizard freezes.

On the PC, before I do the Hotsync, SyncWizard has a suggestion box telling me to establish a Connection by pressing the HotSync button on the cradle, but that's not the way I connect my Treo600 and PC (i just use a simple USB cable). Is there some other equivalent to pressing this button (ie and not doing a full hotsync)??

cheers

geoff

When you launch PFB on desktop, make sure you setup the port to "USB (Palm)" and the speed to "115200". Then make sure you launch PFB on the Treo and you should be all set...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by soneill
    The most recent version of Card Export allows you to view both SD cards and RAM as an external drive from the PC (although not both at once).

If you look on the Card Export screen the "Card:" option has a drop down box defaulting to the SD card currently inserted. It also has another option of NVFS Volume that is the internal RAM on the phone. It does pop up a warning screen saying "be careful" or words to that effect but works fine. The file types don't show up as I expected but pictures and videos can be accessed this way.

I'm also curious about this? A screenshot would be appreciated. I can't get the "ram mode" in card export to work nor did I know that it even existed...

I still think RAM mode is for the earlier version of Card Export and not Card Export II and I don't think plain Card Export is compatible with the Treo.
    It is definately Card Export II that I am using but you got me intrigued enough to upgrade to v2.22 to see what happened You are correct - for some reason the option that I had with version 2.20 is no longer available on v2.22... needless to say I will be going back down to v2.20 for the moment.
    I stand corrected.
  20.    #20  
    Yea... I had no luck with PFB as well and dont see this option in Card Export II either...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast