Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote:

When you launch PFB on desktop, make sure you setup the port to "USB (Palm)" and the speed to "115200". Then make sure you launch PFB on the Treo and you should be all set...

Hi Gaurav, Thanks very much for your post. But I had already been doing this. Let me spell out in detail my sequence and maybe you can pick up where I am going wrong.

1. I physically connect PC and Treo600 using USB cable.
    2. I launch pfb.exe from the PC. This brings up a "Connect to Port" window wherein you can choose the mode of connection and the speed, and also a Connect button.
    3. I choose USB (Palm) and 115200.
    4. On the Palm I launch filepc2pda.prc. This brings up a screen with lots of confusing information and most confusingly another Connect button.
    5. I go back to the PC and click on the Connect button in the "Connect to Port" window.
    6. I get an error message: You are not connected to a Palm device. This also leads to another window appearing, with the PC drives on the left side and a Blank window for the Palm files on the right. Nothing Ive done with this window achieves anything.

I have also tried clicking on the Connect button within filepc2pda.prc on the Palm which gives the following Error message: "Could not open com port!"

Other potentially useful info: on the PC I moved the unzipped PFB folder in its entirety into my Program Files Folder, from where pfb.exe is now launched. There is an app extension in there also, called sertransplg.dll, which I have not done anything else with, as per the instruction in the pfb.exe Help File.

Cheers

Geoff

PS I also tried turning off Hotsync in the System Tray as suggested by another poster, that made no difference either.
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 02/19/2006 at 02:14 AM. Reason: new info
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    ...and on the topic of trying to get Card Export II to access the RAM card as per Soneill's suggestion, I downloaded the version of 2.20 (v 2.20.761, as per the About window from within CEII on the Palm itself)) that is still available from the Softick site
    http://softick.net/download.php
    (click on previous versions)

Unfortunately, the drop down menu that gives Soneill multiple options, in my configuration still only provides the single option of the SD card.

I even tried installing 2.19, it doesnt give any joy either.

Must only be very particular versions of CEII that can do this!!

cheers

geoff
    OK now I am totally confused The option for the NVFS Volume was added as a feature for 2.19EE (it even mentions it in the news section on the softick site). I know that I have had 2.19, 2.20 and tried 2.22 last night. I don't know if that would make any difference I have got around to finding the software to show what I am getting on my screen. The first picture is the NVFS volume option selected, the 2nd is the pop up when you try and connect and the 3rd is from my PC showing what has been mounted.

Sorry I can't explain why it isn't working for anyone else

Susan
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Do any of these support BT? I've misplaced my cable.
  5.    #25  
    Well I managed to track down an older version of Card Export and can also attest that it has this feature. However, the one thing I noticed is that all files in RAM have random 8 alpha-numeric extensions on them- which reminds me of what a CRC check would look like. (attached)

So then the question then becomes, how does one modify/add a file to RAM using this method if it has a random extension on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    hi durex

Good news. Are you able to give us a link to where you got this old version of CEII ? Or make it available in some other way?
    I can't offer any insights for your question, sorry.
    cheers
    geoff
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  7.    #27  
    Here's version 2.19, which has this option.

Id be interested in hearing if anyone has an idea how to manage RAM files in this manner since theyre all appended with CRC values.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12